Your WORST PayPal Experience please...

D

Deleted User

unless i have a credit card connected to my paypal i'm forced to use echecks, which takes 10 days with my bank, and people thought i was trying to scam them because they didn't instantly get the money

i don't have a credit card, can't get one, and my paypal is setup for direct bank withdraw

wimkaay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
14days ago, my PayPal account was hacked. They bought products for €1000,- Thanks to the good support of the shop where the product were bought, I don’t have to pay the bill. Since then I have deleted my account. Somehow they hacked my password and my second authorization sms code. So my advice, stay away from PayPal.

Reactions: Alexander1970

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when paypal backed the seller. I tried buying an empty wii u box for my other wii u. this is how it came, and I lost. look at how thin that paper is, it's virtually skin-tight:

20180509_210633_HDR.jpg
20180509_210445_HDR.jpg

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
My *worst* experience is when I had my 2nd generation iPod Touch way back in the day. Then I, for some reason, logged into PayPal on that device when at the university. The account got blocked, and frozen, due to "suspicious activity" by logging in on a suspicious device.

I don't remember how long it was, maybe a week or two - but it wasn't all that bad. Annoying, but that's about it.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
My "worst" was overdraft charges to my bank account since I had less money left than expected before I bought something.

To be fair though, it was entirely my fault for that one.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The 30 day waiting period for cash withdrawal (where I live; not applicable everywhere) kinda sucks.

The worst experience was when I made a large payment for an out of stock item, got refunded, but the exchange rates between dollars and my local currency ate up $20 in the two transactions. I was peeved.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been using PayPal since 2001.

So here I am with this longstanding account. Out of nowhere, PayPal decides that me, using the same IP and device that I have been for a while, have been hacking into my PayPal to make evil Patreon payments. So, they immediately shut down the ability to make transfers or do transactions. When I get on support, they say that chat can't do anything to help me. I need to be called by a rep during business hours.

I wait the next day for the call. Nothing.

Contact support again, they decide to remove ALL MY CREDIT CARDS/PAYMENT METHODS.

Demand to talk to someone who isn't brain dead stupid.

They give me a one time use code text to use to verify myself to a phone rep. Phone rep says I don't need a verification number. Hangs up on me.

Contact support, ask for someone to fix it. Rep closes my chat without saying a word.

Call again, put on hold for 2 hours before I give up and hang up.

Contact support in a rage, get told to wait 2 weeks for my account's limitations to be lifted.

Wait 2 weeks, nothing changed.

Contact support, get told that my account will be deleted if I continue to try to access my own account.

Give up, decide to boycott PayPal, have no regrets.

...That being said, from 2001-2019, PayPal was fine. I suppose it's the curse of 2020...

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
here's how you use paypal SMART

1. create 2 accounts
2. verify one account, add cc etc this is your main account. never use this account to ACCEPT transactions
3. create a dummy account do not verify that add any cc details etc to it
4. use the dummy account to accept payments ONLY
5. immediately send the funds from your dummy account to your REAL account when they have paid you can do this easily just use the email address of that account and send $ to it

now if the assholes try to scam you just let that dummy account get taken down don't respond to ANY disputes or even answer any emails. you already have the $ in your real account so fuck them!

this is how I use ebay now

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

evil goober

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sold some stuff on eBay I think it was 80.00 I was even nice and added a few things like memory cards to it I didn't charge much shipping which cost me 20.00 to ship, and they said they never got it.
So I had to give his money back through PayPal wasted money on shipping and never got my stuff back, I had tracking they just said we don't know where its at and there's nothing we can do.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Paypal can be annoying with retailers to get refunds as they’re different procedures.

unless i have a credit card connected to my paypal i'm forced to use echecks, which takes 10 days with my bank, and people thought i was trying to scam them because they didn't instantly get the money

i don't have a credit card, can't get one, and my paypal is setup for direct bank withdraw

Can’t you use a debit card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM