Your thoughts on funerals

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bittersweet. Something about funerals leaves me cynical and morbid for a few days. But hey, being drunk as a farewell gift is pretty sweet.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Occasionally sad. But not if the person was an asshole, if he/she was then happy!
Not necessarily. An example would be my grandfathers funeral. While the funeral service itself was rather sad, we had a few chuckles while people recounted various tales and events that happened. At the lunch afterword it was a rather...interesting atmosphere. My whole family is catholic so they were all joyful that he was "in a better place", some were happy because of even more memories and such that were recited.

I suppose what I'm saying is it depends on the family and how they handle it.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depends on the person really. If it's your great grandma, it's obviously pretty damn out of place and disrespectful to party at their funeral. Unless your great grandma is really cool.
Assuming the person would WANT a funeral where people are partying, I don't see why not. Plenty of people have a "I want people to think my funeral was awesome" mentality these days.

In GENERAL, funerals are usually pretty dreary. Even the happiness tends to be bittersweet. It also depends on who happens to be dead. It's obviously going to be a lot sadder if you're at, say, a 12 year old's funeral, as opposed to being at your 87 year old grandfathers funeral.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically, I want to have a funeral where I'll have a bottles of liquor in all the seats, dope ass music playing, and people having a good time. The thing is people are all like "no! why would you even want such a thing?!"

ZarCastro_287545

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
i think everyone should wear royal blue or navy blue - they calm people down and black just dominates greving on people so everyone shuts up, like conversate about the person that just died >_>

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I think funerals are fine, but I want someone to do something cool with my body, like roll it down a hill... or mountain.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Viewing/burial - sad with a few attempted parts to lighten the mood.

Afterwards - most (the two) funerals I have been to have been a "party" afterwards. Nothing major, just the family and friends, with stuff like sandwiches, desserts, and alcohol. Lots, lots, and lots of alcohol. Granted, I was never (and still am not) old enough to drink, but I don't anticipate anyone dying within the next year. And if someone does, it isn't gonna stop me. But, I digress, the "party" afterwards isn't because the person was an asshole, it's (in my family, at least) it's a "going away" sort of thing (can't figure out how to word it better). Not to celebrate that they're dead, but, in a way, to celebrate their life. The fact that they DID live and have been with everyone. A way to lighten the mood, to show that even though they're gone, life carries on.

When I die, I want a funeral like that. Everyone is going to be sad when they're at a funeral. Hell, when my... err... when my grandpa's friend died, who was the father of my mom's aunt's... sister's husband... I think... (fuck, I only met the guy a few times), I went to the funeral. I almost cried because it's so fucking sad. Afterwards, though, there was the celebration. There was food, people were drinking, that's what I want. Nobody is gonna be happy at it. Any happiness is forced happiness, but at least they're trying, which is what I would want. I would want those who were closest to me to still try to be happy even though I wasn't there anymore.

Edit -

Well, I think funerals are fine, but I want someone to do something cool with my body, like roll it down a hill... or mountain.

dafuq.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool