Your Right Hand... USB Cable?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Kouen Hasuki, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Kouen Hasuki
    OP

Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    Do you have a USB Cable you dont think you could do without, a favorite if you will?

My Favorite is a 6 in 1 USB Charging Cable (Well it does data for the 30 Pin iPod connector too) but its a charger for

USB Mini B
    PSP
    NDS / GBA SP
    DSLite
    DSi
    iPod (30 Pin)

Most of my stuff gets charged through that via my HP USB Wall adapter :) (that provides 1A so I can charge 2 things at once :D )

2. dicamarques

dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Jun 25, 2010
    Portugal
    Your computer's Recycle Bin
    A usb micro cable, nowadays these connectors are EVERYWHERE, including almost every recent cellphone.

3. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Apr 13, 2010
    The cables built into all my peripherals, I couldn't do without them.

4. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    I got one of those :) Well... 7 actually. I used to sell them on ebay. Used to have a black one too which also did data over mini-usb and had an additional connector for DLi/3DS - dunno where that one went

5. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Uhh...I guess just my micro USB cable really, on my last resort cable now and it charges my phone, my tablet, and a little wireless headset I use.

6. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    I probably have like 15 USB cables, at least 3 of the completely custom deals (I hate those cables as they work with precisely one device each...) If companies would stick with the main 3 sizes, I think USB would be awesome and I would probably only own like 5 or 6 cables instead of the grocery bag I have now.

7. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    My PS3 charging cable. I'd be knackered without that.

8. LockeCole_101629

LockeCole_101629 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 6, 2012
    New Zealand
    well there's a lot usb type cable out there
    but... these 2 type are so popular, in my opinion represent what UNIVERSAL means in USB.
    [​IMG]
    left one is popular thanks to nokia (though I really don't know what first device using that type), and the right one, well.. almost smartphone is using that kind of type to charge/transfer data.

9. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    The cable I use to charge my boyfriend's phone and my mp3 player. Without we have no cellphone and I have no music.
    -Lucario

10. The Milkman

The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

Jan 12, 2011
    United States
    Throwing milk at the bitches!
    I dont really have a right hand USB cable, but I do have a small HDD that I carry in my pocket everywhere, it features a full USB port, So I can drop data on it from almost anything. Its pretty cool but it doesnt work with my phone since it acts like a drive when its in file transfer mode.

I guess the double full port cable I use on it would be my right hand.

11. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I do have one favourite USB cable... because for whatever reason, it's the only one that my Wii HDD recognizes - without it, the games do show up but immediately freeze upon boot because the drive goes into Sleep Mode for whatever reason.

12. Fat D

Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 18, 2006
    Gambia, The
    I always carry one A-to-mini-B and one A-to-micro-B cable with me. Because that are the types used everywhere. I need to add an OTG cable to that selection though.