1. dragonz

OP dragonz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I'm new to rom hacks and I was wondering if some of you could share your favorite SNES rom hacks.
    I'm shocked that I had never heard of New Super Mario World 2: Around The World.
    Ever since the original game came out , I always wanted a sequel (since I never cared for any other sequels after SMW )- and I cant even begin to explain how amazed I'm by this hack.

So please, please if you guys could recommend me your top, top favorite hack please let me know :P

I don't really care for kaizu or really hard hacks or demos - so the more complete and official the hack feels the better.

Thanks again.

Last edited by dragonz, Jul 30, 2020
  2. andeers

andeers GBAtemp Regular

Cote d'Ivoire
    Donkey Kong Country 2: The Lost Levels

3. dragonz

United States
    Thank you andeers -I love DK - let me know if you recommend a nice hack for part one - if not than that's okay - I'm looking for the creme of crop.

4. andeers

andeers GBAtemp Regular

Cote d'Ivoire
    I've played one, but I'm so obsessed with DKC2 that I forgot the name of the hack of the first one. I will look for it on my PC.

5. RomHam

RomHam Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Link to the Past Randomizer is fun if you're into those types of hacks.

6. dragonz

United States
    That would make it like an entire new game - sounds fun - I'll search for that (I'm hoping that's the actual title )

7. AstronomerOfNyx

Newcomer

United States
    Zelda aLttP, Majora's Mask, and OoT all have quality of life patches that came out in the last year and the MM and OoT rival the 3ds ports. There are randomizers for MM and OoT as well. Every Pokemon game has at least one good patch that keeps the game in tact but improves QoL and gameplay quite a bit. I've been playing Pokemon Alpha Star Sapphire. I found a patch for the latest MegaMan Battle Network recently, called Timaeus patch. There's a Castlevania dawn of sorrow DS called Definitive edition. There's a Pokemon stadium 2 patch that changes all the movesets to competitive ones and adds a few legendaries. Final Fantasy Tactics has a number of good rebalancing patches.

Sorry, I know these aren't SNES but these are some games I found good patches for recently.

dragonz likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - favorite,