Donato_Dobango

OP
Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Obviously right now we're hitting the lean months of summer in terms of DS releases and as you can see in my signature, there's at least a month until most of the games I want to play come out (unless they are CORE-layed into the future).

So what games are you guys revisiting that you might have given up or overlooked while waiting for the next big release?

I've returned to My World My Way. I ended right before breaking the wind wall at Elven Field to take down the Elf Queen, foolishly thinking that's the end of the game. When I returned and defeated her, I was surprised to find there's another 9-10 other villages to visit and fight monsters in. So I've been pretty into that.

And while on the road (or when finding reasons to BE on the road), I've been playing Treasure World. Unfortunately I can't keep my Treasure World page updated daily (I have a WPA router), but I'm at 2759 treasures so far with 87 out of 160 constellations complete. It's not really a game, but I really do love going through an apartment complex or a city and racking up hundreds of treasures in minutes. Here's my account: http://www.clubtreasureworld.com/users/2237 updated almost 5 days ago.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm playing Katekyo Hitman Reborn Rumble X Flame now!

Awesome fighting game for a hardcore KHR fan!

And re-visiting.... Playing transformers - autobots (not revenge of the fallen) heard it had a cool freeroam. And just downloaded Contact, saw it get mentioned on the site.

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
I usually wind up hitting arcade-type games since I can pop 'em on and just play for a bit to kill some time. Geometry Wars Galaxies is good for this; I just try to beat one of my high scores or get a higher medal on one of the planets.

However, there are a ton of games I should at least try to complete before moving on from them. Nearly finished Zubo, need to "re-install" LEGO Indiana Jones (I'm getting a consistent lock-up when it goes to the mine car level), barely touched Ghostbusters...you know, I'm realizing I have plenty of games to keep me occupied during the dry spell.
happy.gif

As for Treasure World, I quite taking it to work with me as I've picked up pretty much anything along the couple of different routes I take. Gotta remember to bring it with me next trip through the U-district, though, as I'm sure I'll easily hit 3000 there (I've over 2000 treasures, I haven't updated my club page in weeks.)

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently playing some classic snes games with an snes usb controller. I'll finish actraiser and then i'll probably go back and keep playing secret of mana.

666 post also
biggrin.gif

I'm debating on whether or not i should try out ff4 on the ds. I never was a realy ff fan but i'll need something to pass the time once i get my wisdom teeth removed.

NextStep

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when there's droughts, there's two things i might do.

one, as you say look for old games i may have missed. in this case, i always wanted to try Luminous Arc 2, since i enjoyed the first one.

but most of the time, i just play "party" games, such as Mario Kart DS, or Mario Party, or Yu-Gi-Oh!, games that you can play a little while, and not have to get into.

Donato_Dobango

OP
Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I think I might beat Zubo after I finish My World My Way. I did enjoy that game's combat system so.

Luminous Arc 2 is everything that was good about the first game but with a better combat system, better story, and wittier dialogue. Highly recommended.

As for Treasure World, I find if you give it about a week, you can pick up treasures again over the same route. Depends on how long it takes for their routers to refresh. I just took my DS to a mall and had close to 60 treasures just from walking around the stores. Right now I'm at 2965 total with 95 out of 160 constellations done. After I finish those I'll work towards clusters and galaxies.

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i'm playing Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn DS Flame Rumble X, Very good(a JUS/SSBB/Naruto(Menu) sorta game)

and i'm revisiting Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor(i feel like i should have done more(i only beat Naoya's path))

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Luminous Arc 2
Tacticslayer: Ritna Guard Senki (highly addictive)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (beaten each path twice)

I only have one Summer DS release left (Blood of Bahamut), and 3 games in 3 weeks in September meaning that I will have a new game every week for the first three weeks in September.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I jumped ship to the PS2, but Castlevania OOE finally dropped to £20 in my local Gamestation this week so I'm all set
yaynds.gif
The next release I'm waiting for is Scribblenauts so it's going to be a while.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the last couple of weeks have been high time to go back to games I thought were good but didn't invest much time into. Chicken Little is a decent shooter I've got on my card now, and I've started replaying Kirby Super Ultra Deluxe, which is great. I also started a new file on Phantom Hourglass, which makes about my seventh playthrough. Having some fun with Speed Racer as well. That one has a wonderful F-Zero feel to it, minus the difficulty.

I'm actually looking for one or two others to fool with until something better comes along.
unsure.gif

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing my DS less and less due to social interaction (I get very popular during the summer due to the fact that I live on a lake lol), but when I've had a chance to play it, I've been playing Worms: Open Warefare 2 online (If I can find a damn match). I've also been trying to get into Civilization Revolution DS, but I always end up giving up because I fall behind the other people.

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
Donato_Dobango said:
As for Treasure World, I find if you give it about a week, you can pick up treasures again over the same route. Depends on how long it takes for their routers to refresh.

Ah, I didn't realize that. I'll have to bring it to work with me this week and see what I can pick up since it's been a couple of weeks since I last searched for treasures. Thanks for the tip!

TraumaHound@Club Treasure World

On a topic-related note: with the recent purchase of an Xbox 360 I may not be spending nearly as much time with my DS, at least while I'm at home.

toh_yxes

Trophies
XP
Country
As we draw nearer to this dry spell, I've been going back awhile. Im playing Trace Memory, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Konami Classic Arcade Hits, Giana Sisters, Chronos Twin, and trying Contact. I am also gonna get a few other games including Zombie BBQ because I have heard its quite fun.

Donato_Dobango

OP
Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I managed to break 3000 treasures so far in my TW game. I also have 116 out of 160 costume sets unlocked, so I'm moving steadily along.

What I find works best is to drive through apartment complexes if you are on the road. If you are going to a mall, bring your DS, too. I gained 60+ yesterday just walking around my smaller sized one. I wonder how much I can get on a decent to big size one next weekend.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Donato_Dobango said:
I managed to break 3000 treasures so far in my TW game. I also have 116 out of 160 costume sets unlocked, so I'm moving steadily along.

What I find works best is to drive through apartment complexes if you are on the road. If you are going to a mall, bring your DS, too. I gained 60+ yesterday just walking around my smaller sized one. I wonder how much I can get on a decent to big size one next weekend.

That advice will come in handy with the Pokewalk which basically has the same fundamental system, walk around with a Pokemon inside the device, gain exp., level up, and acquire items.

eSPy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
been turnin on treasure world lately when goin to work and other places. but also playing kirby squeek squad and finishing up ragnarok ds.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
mm i played monster hunter freedom unite during these dry spell until august mid (dissidia,disgaea,soulcalibur,warriors orochi), oh and last remnant too

Donato_Dobango

OP
Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I've returned to My World My Way by accident the other day. Months ago I stopped because I thought I was at the end of the game already and was kind of let down. Turns out that was only the end of the first half. Right now I'm at 18 hours and I can see the end in sight within 2 hours, so 20 hours of gameplay ain't bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: already did