You still got your consoles?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by R2DJ, Dec 2, 2008.

?

Xbox 360?

1. Still working fine since I had it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Had issues so I got a replacement. Working fine since.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It just broke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Don't have it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Dec 2, 2008

You still got your consoles? by R2DJ at 5:07 PM (1,795 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I'm just curious. Now that a month from now would be 2009, I was just wondering about the state of y'all tempers' consoles. Please answer the poll above.

Also, if you chose 2 or 3, what was the reason it broke?

2. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Don't have a 360 or PS3, but got a Wii and it's still working perfectly [​IMG]

Good topic.

3. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Got my 360 a little over a year ago (it was a wedding present... that we got for ourselves with wedding monies lol) and its still going strong!

Don't have a PS3 (yet). Prolly will when Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out (if its not released on the 360 as well, we'll see about that [​IMG])

Camped out over night for my release day Wii, and that baby is still running strong!

4. Just Joe

Member Just Joe GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    My consoles aren't on the list, but yes my SNES, MegaDrive, N64, GameCube, GameGear, GBA and my Atari 2600 are still working fine thanks, but my NES doesn't work properly all the time. Think it's a fault with the power switch.

5. R2DJ
    OP

United Kingdom
    I think it would be better if it's only the current gen consoles. Plus, I can only make 3 poll questions.

I see 4 people have the Wii60.

6. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    lol I don't have any of the current generation of consoles, I know - I'm a little slow on the uptake! Although I've just come into some cash so I'm thinking of picking up a 360 Arcade. Argos have a pretty good deal on at the mo on the unit and Mirrors Edge for 125 quid (although if anyone know's a better deal then PM me). I want to pick up a Wii as well but the 360's on the list first.

7. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    I don't have any of the current-gen consoles either and I'll probably not get one. I mostly play PC games so having a console doesn't really matter to me.

8. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    I own Wii a 360 and DS. Would like to get a PS3 but really dont see a reason for getting one, hacking isnt an issue for me, I would get one if I thought it had anything going for it as a console. My 360 RROD but I fixed it, the nintendo products have worked without fault since I got them.

Price sounds quite decent seeing as you get a game with it, make sure you get a memory card with the deal otherwise you wont be able to save your progress, I completed Mirrors Edge recently was good but short. You will need a HDD at some point, especially with the new update and definitely if you go online. I think I saw a deal for a 60gb HDD with 3 months live for 60 of your Welsh quids. [​IMG]

9. TrolleyDave

United Kingdom
    Just checked and it definitely comes with a mem card, I had totally forgotten about that! Sixty quid for a hard drive and 3 months live ain't bad at all. Once it's installed it's basically a proper 360 then isn't it? I've had a look and can't find any mention of anything else being removed.

10. HokageNaruto

Member HokageNaruto GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I tried playing the Mirror's Edge demo on my xbox 360 and it RRODed... that sucked

11. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Have two 360s and a wii. Going to get a ps3 once god of war 3 comes out.

Arcades don't come with component cables or a headset.

12. TrolleyDave

United Kingdom
    Not too bothered about either of those so it's not too bad. Still no HDTV for me.

13. p1ngpong

Croatia
    @trolleydave

Yeah only difference between an arcade and other types is the HDD now really. I think arcades even have HDMI unless yours is a really old version, even that dosent really matter much. They do the same job, I think you should get the HDD with it at the same time, will save you a load of hassle in the longrun especially with the NXE update.

edit: think you get a headset with that 60gig HDD deal

14. R2DJ
    OP

United Kingdom
    I was making a reply to TrolleyDave's post but Stupid IPS Driver Error came up. Anyways, I'll be getting a 360 myself in two weeks (despite my mates calling me a d***head for getting a 360 instead of a PS3, even though they didn't buy it themselves) and since I'm getting World Tour guitar bundle, I'll get the 60GB version. p1ngp0ng's right: You also get a headset with it, hence the reason why I'm getting the 60GB (for the vocals).

There might also be a chance that you will get the new 360 Arcade (I heard it's a new version of the Jasper board with 256MB built-in memory so there's no memory card in there. If you do find one, that is.

That Live starter pack looks good as well but personally, I'll have the chrome disc tray. That's just me [​IMG]

15. p1ngpong

Croatia
    Man your friends dont know what they are talking about, I could have gotten a PS3 for Christmas, but its got nothing going for it apart from Blue Ray.

16. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    My PS3 is working properly even though it's been in disuse for 2 months and in the PS3 case for protection. I also own a Wii which is working fine and I just played Sonic Unleashed on it. I did have a 360 at one time but it overheated and caught fire and it wasn't in an enclosed area or low ventilated area (it was one of the launch 360's with no fans).

17. mew and lugia

Banned mew and lugia Banned

United States
    i have a ds that has a broken touchscreen does that count