You like Kinder Surprise?

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Heh, good to see I'm not the only 'temper who likes Kinder Surprise.
I started collecting them back in the '80s, and just never stopped.

The missus buys me a three-pack of Kinder eggs every grocery shopping day.
I've got about 3 shopping bags full of Kinder toys stashed away in storage.

There's only one thing better than a Kinder Surprise... Kinder Maxi!

The Maxi eggs appear in stores around Easter and Xmas, so sometimes I get 2 a year as gifts. :creep:

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
its about R$4 here, about 2,1 dollars , or 1,5€
Well, even if it was 1.50€, given the current market prices for most chocolates here, it's not that expensive, although it used to cost 0.50€ when the Euro started.
Granted, it's not something that you should buy several times a day, but once a day or a few times a week shouldnt be a problem (I never did eat them everyday when I was a kid since they were too sweet).

Heh, good to see I'm not the only 'temper who likes Kinder Surprise.
I started collecting them back in the '80s, and just never stopped.

The missus buys me a three-pack of Kinder eggs every grocery shopping day.
I've got about 3 shopping bags full of Kinder toys stashed away in storage.

There's only one thing better than a Kinder Surprise... Kinder Maxi!

The Maxi eggs appear in stores around Easter and Xmas, so sometimes I get 2 a year as gifts. :creep:

The Maxi, which is called Kinder Joy over here, is available during the whole year, I prefer it's taste to the normal Kinger Egg tbh.

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The Maxi, which is called Kinder Joy over here, is available during the whole year, I prefer it's taste to the normal Kinger Egg tbh.
Maxis all year round?!:O
BRB: Moving to Portugal.

Seriously though, yeah the chocolate is nicer, probably because the "shell" is thicker.
The plastic toys are vastly better quality, too.

PJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't really bother with them when i was younger, but my kids now LOVE them. The chocolate is very good, I eat the chocolate from one of my kids cause he's weird and doesn't like any form of chocolate. The toys are pretty cool too... most of them.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They cost roughly 1€ each, I don't find it that expensive (given, it's the European price which is the original market, so it might be cheaper here).

I gotta say I love swiss chocolate and I buy it often, however there's a lot of good chocolate besides Swiss one, Begian Chocolate is extremely good as well, and then there's other types of chocolates which are also good, personally I can't eat milk chocolate since it's too sweet for me, but I do enjoy the other chocolates from Ferrerro and even Kinder, which aren't Swiss made either.

Yeah at the store I buy mine they're about $1.25, but you can get them cheaper if you shop around. It's just this store I've been going to for years, it's literally like the type of corner store you see in movies where everybody knows each other. It's awesome. Hell I don't even get ID'd anymore there. lol

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Exactly what I came here to post.

I remember every toy back in the days was like 50 pieces that you put together to make some really cool thing, now you take it out of the capsule and no assembly required.

Remember these planes that you had like at least 10-15 pieces or something to build them?
There were so many great toys. The cars, planes, boats, and even little figures that needed assembly. It was really incredible when I was a kid.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still get some cool toys that require some assembly. Except I just got one now that's a little yellow monster thing thats... well.. doesn't do a damn thing.

I also bought another Kinder Surprise and went to go put the toy together, and found out that it didn't come with stickers. So I'm bummed :(

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus! Those were the sweets of my childhood.
I promise you I still have a giant chest filled with all the Kinder Surprise toys I've collected as a kid. Those things sold like hotcakes where I live!
But then in early 2012 they completely stopped producing and selling them here, and they were replaced with Kinder Joy, which in my opinion, tastes like shit.
I thought that change was global! Are you guys telling me Kinder Surprise is still sold all over the world? I thought they were discontinued!

product_3407.jpg
That's the stuff Kinder Surprise was replaced with.

SilentRevolt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I used to love that egg, when i was small i love collecting the toys even sometimes i trade it with my friends. Good old times....
I found that egg last year at a german food shop in my place, cost about $8(fking expensive + it is hard to find it here)
the only kinder egg available in most shop here is the kinder joy, don't like it compared to kinder surprise.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Kinder Joy is the one that's the same size as a regular Kinder egg, but one half is filled with cream and the other has the toy (what Lucifer posted)? What is sold as Kinder Maxi in Europe is a huge Kinder egg. Watch the video. Huge. (Well, relatively.)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I TOTALLY loved 'em when I was a kid.

When it's easter I always try to get this gifted to me:
uovo.jpg

A HUGE-ASS version of the Kinder Surprise, that only gets released on Easter in Italy :P

I mean, compare 'em:
1139ba1aa4d.jpg

This one above is the MINI version, there's also a MAXI version (which is the one I get) :P

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I TOTALLY loved 'em when I was a kid.

When it's easter I always try to get this gifted to me:
uovo.jpg

A HUGE-ASS version of the Kinder Surprise, that only gets released on Easter in Italy :P

I mean, compare 'em:
1139ba1aa4d.jpg

This one above is the MINI version, there's also a MAXI version (which is the one I get) :P

Wait... so there's one BIGGER than the one that says MINI on it?!?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The chocolate tastes cheap and the "toy" is awful. Ones nowadays are even worse, it was kinda fun back then to build them but now it's just three pieces and to stickers to put together.

Reactions: Ritsuki

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them