Hacking You know what pisses me off?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend asked to borrow my DS lite. I've had it for a few years and I keep it in great condiditon. It looks brand new. So my friend takes my Lite, with EZ flash 3 in 1 and Cyclo and hes had it for a few weeks now. Recently, I went over to his house and his brother and him are both using it. While I was there, his brothter was using it, the Cyclo and 3in one looked like they were just throw on the table without a care in the air. We were watching a movie in his basement and his brother was playing pokemon and he dropped the DS at least 3 times. I've been to scared to even look at it but when I get it back, its practically not going to even be my DS anymore. Its going ot be a lesser being. It just sucks cuz theres nothing you can really say once you get it back and its in shitty condition. Its not like it broke or anything. Still works. You cant just be, I noticed you didnt take very good care of my DS, your going to need to pay me fore the damages.

Yeah, just ranting on about this. Has something similar happened to you? I bet it has. Do tell.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In his defense, the DSL is crap. They traded off durability and shelf life for a sleeker look. My DS Phat won't break from a drop anytime soon, let me tell you that.

I personally don't let my friend's siblings touch my stuff. Mainly because if it's a game, I'll end up kicking their ass way too hard and I'll feel bad or if it's electronics I fear it getting broken. Hell, one of my friend's brothers almost snapped my Metroid Prime disc in half in a hissy fit. Not that it matters now, I lost the game a while ago.

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
Reru said:
Get a replacement case friend, that's what I'm doing. :3

Hehe... get a replacement friend and teach him the art of taking care of electronic devices. My little brothers have broken 3 DS lite's in the last 6 months and my mum just keeps buying them new ones WTF!

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
Well I have a ds phat and I've dropped it 3 or 4 times all it gained was minimal scratches.
smile.gif
Don't let other people borrow your stuff then?
@raing3 WTF!? I wish my parents would get me another ds.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Shit, either I'm way too rude or you're way too polite! The minute I'd have seen the kid drop it I would've taken it off him and told my mate I was taking it back there and then.

If it's not in the same state it was when you lent it to the bloke I'd give him a load of verbal. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
meh im not too fussy with my DSL but then again, i did get screen protectors but that was only cos, last year, our school had a Korean Exchange students come over, like a whole class of em and my family volunteered to take care of 2 of them for 2 weeks, lucky they were friends. So after a while like 2 days on arriving at my house they discovered my DSL and i let them play it, they also discovered new super MB and they fucking owned at it! they started a new game and finished all of it 100% no cheats in 2 hours... Anyways, they kept spitting on the screen and one of them was jabbing on it with so much force, i was scared the screen was gnna crack, thats why i got screen protectors...

They also got into some fights with each other and they managed to put a fucking dent in MY wall! This happended when the other guy pushed the other guy into my plastic drawer, the drawer left a big indent in my wall :'(

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if its badly damaged and you replace the shell go and buy an Invisishield for it i have 1 on all my DS lites and DSi you cant even tell they're there but they protect it from getting scratched or anything even if you drop it =P

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I want to get an Invisisheild for everything! It has been so worth it for my ipod. I can just through my keys and whatever else in that pocket and not worry one bit. And about the damage to my lite. I don't actually care too much because I have a DSi and a DS phat. My DSi has phased out the DS lite and the DS phat is my baby. I've had it since launch, its got stickers and decals on it and the L and R buttons dont work. Everything there just shows the wear and tear and personalization that it has. I wouldn't trade it for anything. The lite is the one I care the least about.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
Yeah, I want to get an Invisisheild for everything! It has been so worth it for my ipod. I can just through my keys and whatever else in that pocket and not worry one bit. And about the damage to my lite. I don't actually care too much because I have a DSi and a DS phat. My DSi has phased out the DS lite and the DS phat is my baby. I've had it since launch, its got stickers and decals on it and the L and R buttons dont work. Everything there just shows the wear and tear and personalization that it has. I wouldn't trade it for anything. The lite is the one I care the least about.
yeah Invisishield is like the greatest thing isn't it? i have it on my phone also to protect the touch screen as well.Everyone should get invisishield to protect all of their devices,PSP,DS,Cell Phone,MP3 players etc =P

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when my nephew was complaining of hand-cramps while playing the DS. He was eyeballing the crystal case with extending handles I have on my DSlite. So I bought him a crystal case.....I call him less than a week later and he broke it already. Me? I still have the original case I bought a couple years ago, as well as the very same perfectly functional DSlite, AND I have a backup case.....just in case (the thing IS rather flimsy). He, on the other hand, is on his 3rd DSlite.....which, I should add, is currently here waiting on parts to be repaired and no case.
rolleyes.gif

That's the difference between a 41 year-old (me) and a 16 year-old (him) I guess.

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never let anyone (except responsible family) play my handheld systems... Even then, my GBA SP got kinda scratched up when I let my sibling borrow it. :/

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In other news, I got a DSi Screen protector off of GamingLagoon. I love that site so much. They get all their stuff from dealextreme except the shipping is way faster because the order the stuff from them and keep in in their own warehouse. And also its free! I like how all the DS screen protectors and styluess and stuff are only like 1 or 2 points. Its so amazing. You can easily get free screen protectors. Or just order them from DX for like a buck or 2. So awesome. The DSi is the only hand-held I never bought a Screen protector for because they didn't have any when it came out but I thought that I mind as well seeing as how it was free. I am no a pro at applying them. I used to have air bubbles troubles all the time but now I realized all you need to do is use something with a flat surface (Like the squeegee thing you get with an Invisishield) and swipe while applying. Works every time. I lined it up perfectly and everything to the point that you can look as hard as you want and you cant even tell there are screen protectors on.

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was using 3rd party stylus on my invishield, and finished Ninja Gaiden (while spamming that move where you rub the screen)...

Yeah, they're scratch proof, but they aren't friction proof or something, it's like the protector stretched and now there're lines in the center of my touchscreen.

Works like a charm during normal play tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1