Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
vinheim said:
Is there a way to put in the jap voices into the US iso?

Yes, you need to open up the ISO itself and figure out where the Voices are stored for the English version and the Japanese versions and the swap the English one with the Japanese, though of course this is all speculation and assumption based off how other games are put together. I could be totally wrong.

DarkDusk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally a question that I can answer. The short answer is No, you can't. The explanation is this.

The English version has the voices disabled, so there are no voice files in the iso. Therefore, there is no way to insert the Japanese voice files into the English iso and have the game play the voice files at the appropriate time. So what the others have done are to insert the English text into the Japanese iso. However the only setback is that the cards are in English, but the storyline and menu are in Japanese. So if you don't mind not understanding what is being said, (or if you do understand Japanese), and you want the voice, then pay a visit to gamefaqs and search for the topic for the patch. It's pretty old and probably hasn't been bumped since late January.

vinheim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.vinheim.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
DarkDusk said:
Finally a question that I can answer. The short answer is No, you can't. The explanation is this.

The English version has the voices disabled, so there are no voice files in the iso. Therefore, there is no way to insert the Japanese voice files into the English iso and have the game play the voice files at the appropriate time. So what the others have done are to insert the English text into the Japanese iso. However the only setback is that the cards are in English, but the storyline and menu are in Japanese. So if you don't mind not understanding what is being said, (or if you do understand Japanese), and you want the voice, then pay a visit to gamefaqs and search for the topic for the patch. It's pretty old and probably hasn't been bumped since late January.
Thanks man. Can't you change the language in the JAP game just like in the US version?

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
DarkDusk said:

Are you certain that the English one has them disabled or are they just not there? I'd assume that if they're not there then you could just drop the Japanese voices in but I'd have to re-DL the ISO or rip it and I dont feel like doing either.

DarkDusk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are no voice files + they are disabled. The only reason the English ISO file has a larger size than the Japanese ISO file is because the English ISO has multi language. You're welcome to decompile the iso file and check for the voice file if you want, 'cause I didn't find any when I checked it. For me, I re-downloaded the Japanese ISO and got what I want, but after that I still stuck with my English ISO.

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
DarkDusk said:
There are no voice files + they are disabled. The only reason the English ISO file has a larger size than the Japanese ISO file is because the English ISO has multi language. You're welcome to decompile the iso file and check for the voice file if you want, 'cause I didn't find any when I checked it. For me, I re-downloaded the Japanese ISO and got what I want, but after that I still stuck with my English ISO.

So you are 100% sure that they are disabled or are you just assuming they are disabled? Because now I'm tempted to try to make a patch for this and check. I am still not convinced that they are disabled but just removed.

DarkDusk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, do try. I'm just telling you what I've saw from others' discussion and a little of my own experimenting. If you get it working, please send me the patch file too!

I recall a similar example in one of the "Tales of" game for the ps2. That game has English voices only for the main storyline and is missing the voices for the skits (optional scenes), which the Japanese version has. There was an undubbed English version, and even in that version, it was still missing voices for the skits.

There's a voicetest.ehp in both the Eng and Jap ISO. However, the English "voicetest.ehp" is different in size. Not sure if that will help you.

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
DarkDusk said:
Yeah, do try. I'm just telling you what I've saw from others' discussion and a little of my own experimenting. If you get it working, please send me the patch file too!

I recall a similar example in one of the "Tales of" game for the ps2. That game has English voices only for the main storyline and is missing the voices for the skits (optional scenes), which the Japanese version has. There was an undubbed English version, and even in that version, it was still missing voices for the skits.

There's a voicetest.ehp in both the Eng and Jap ISO. However, the English "voicetest.ehp" is different in size. Not sure if that will help you.

Sad news everybody, PSP is dead for now, Ill have to work on this in a couple of weeks/month(s) when I get funding for a new PSP screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: