Hacking Yet another clone 3DS card

Status
Not open for further replies.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what their strategy is, I think they wanted to undercut Gateway by a lot, so they came out with some off brand cards, but to make a little extra they made one with an R4i Gold brand because some people will pay extra for the name.

At least that's the only way I can explain this.

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Reactions: octopus

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That DS Happybox microSD card reader pictured on Eachmall comes from another R4 clone company.
The R4 that came in the christmas box, http://www.r4isdhc.com/christmas-r4igold-r4gold/

This is probably from that group, http://www.r4isdhc.com

Or somehow someone else got their hands on their branded microSD readers.

Happybox, I remember those.

GT-RS40020-5.jpg
GT-RS40020-3.jpg

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case anyone wants further proof, the MD5 checksum of the orange 3ds firmware is the same as the MD5 checksum of the r4i deluxe firmware.

For less than $45, the 3dslink and orange 3ds seem like a good deal, considering the ds cart is an r4i gold card (right?). So you also get a ~$15 ds cart if you don't have one already, if you do you can probably get $10-15 back by selling your old card.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case anyone wants further proof, the MD5 checksum of the orange 3ds firmware is the same as the MD5 checksum of the r4i deluxe firmware.

For less than $45, the 3dslink and orange 3ds seem like a good deal, considering the ds cart is an r4i gold card (right?). So you also get a ~$15 ds cart if you don't have one already, if you do you can probably get $10-15 back by selling your old card.

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should drive down prices even further and hopefully encourage further development for them to stay competitive

If that isn't sarcasm, then I hope you realize it's literally the same team for all three of these clones and it's just different stickers put on the exact same cartridges. And they'll likely just be copying GW's features for the product's entire lifespan, I don't see how the "R4i team" ever did anything innovative, they've just been one of the few that release regular firmware compatibility updates.

innercy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i guess we all stuck here with the same function for all gw and it's clones unless fw2 released to public

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
If that isn't sarcasm, then I hope you realize it's literally the same team for all three of these clones and it's just different stickers put on the exact same cartridges. And they'll likely just be copying GW's features for the product's entire lifespan, I don't see how the "R4i team" ever did anything innovative, they've just been one of the few that release regular firmware compatibility updates.

If this wasn't blatant fan-boy-ism, then I hope you realize that it doesn't matter if its the same team for these 3 clones. What matters is that it is another team other than Gateway.

History has proven repeatedly that competition breeds innovation. It may be simple copying for now but sooner or later innovation will appear.

Android was seen as a entire ripoff of the iphone. Now, android is ever innovating whereas apple is simply stagnating mostly.

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this wasn't blatant fan-boy-ism, then I hope you realize that it doesn't matter if its the same team for these 3 clones.

Wasn't being a fanboy, you're the one stating that the same team releasing a third identical product in an attempt to trick consumers is somehow going to "breed more competition". This is not the same thing as multiple companies improving on an operating system (such as Android) -- it is the same company releasing the same product under multiple names.

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that comparison, these clones wouldn't be Android, they would be those Chinese iPhone knockoffs (if they could manage to get OS onto them).
knockoffs =/= healthy competition.

Reactions: Saturosias and Duo8

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's blatantly obvious that all 3 clone cards are all the same team and that they're doing it to either drive down the prices or because not enough people bought the other 2, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf