Hacking Yellow screen with DSi

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noammax said:
DeltaBurnt said:
Just turn down the brightness, it saves battery life anyways.

And even if it was a magnet, it will go back to normal after awhile.

Staying on the 4th brightness setting should be fine as that is the ds lites brightest.
The wierd thing is, on the rare ocassion that Im on the 5th brightness I havent noticed any yellowness.
Maybe I should try shoving my face in the screen....

yeah i dont see a difference if i turn up the brightness... thats why im like
blink.gif
since someone said turn it down...

and yeah it is interesting, maybe the touch layer affects the color...

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As for the DSL there were two types of touchscreens anyway... One that's as bright and cold as the upper screen and another one which seems to be more yellow/brownish. It did annoy me first, as my other DS was just all right, but after some playing I just found outthat it shows better colors than the cold one. So I'm fine with it and I won't notice the difference while playing anyway.

But all the stuff you hear about the DSi like already broken shoulder buttons, the yellowish screens and so on... It makes me even happier that I didn't (and won't ever) get one. ^^

Amasa

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have a DSi, but I expect the problem will be as prevalent as it is with the DS Lites. I've seen more DS Lites than I care to think about, and it seems the Black (Onyx in the US) variants suffer the most from 'yellow' tinted bottom screens. As some people have pointed out, if you were to compare two LCD panels both displaying 'white' screens side by side, it is likely there would be a slight difference in hue between the two so it may be unreasonable to expect the DSi screens to match. The annoying thing is that not all DS Lites and DSi's are affected.

My duaghter has a turquoise DS Lite (imported a year ago) and that has perfect screens, I have an Onyx version bought in the US and the bottom screen on that is very yellow. I have a theory that getting a 'perfect' DSi or Lite is all to do with batch numbers. A friend of mine recently purchased a DS Lite (Black) Brain Training pack from Amazon - it's perfect, even the volume slider is nice and tight, as the Amazon deal was good I've bought one, again, it's perfect - screens match and the volume slider doesn't feel 'loose'. Both serials start UEH, I can't remember the last time I saw a black DS Lite with matching white screens, let alone two.

It must also be rembered that if you have a black DSi or Lite, any colour differences between the two screens will possibly show more than on lighter colour versions. That's because if you have a black background or border to a colour, there is an optical illusion that the colour is more intense. If you take two sheets of card, one black and one white and cut an equal size hole in the middle of each and then put each of the sheets of card over another card coloured red, then, if you were to look at the two side by side, the red when viewed through the black card would look more 'intense'.

Amasa

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have a DSi, but I expect the problem will be as prevalent as it is with the DS Lites. I've seen more DS Lites than I care to think about, and it seems the Black (Onyx in the US) variants suffer the most from 'yellow' tinted bottom screens. As some people have pointed out, if you were to compare two LCD panels both displaying 'white' screens side by side, it is likely there would be a slight difference in hue between the two so it may be unreasonable to expect the DSi screens to match. the annoying thing is that not all DS Lites and DSi's are affected.

My duaghter has a turquoise DS Lite (imported a year ago) and that has perfect screens, I have an Onyx version bought in the US and the bottom screen on that is very yellow. I have a theory that getting a 'perfect' DSi or Lite is all to do with batch numbers. A friend of mine recently purchased a DS Lite (Black) Brain Training pack from Amazon - it's perfect, even the volume slider is nice and tight, as the Amazon deal was good I've bought one, again, it's perfect - screens match and the volume slider doesn't feel 'loose'. Both serials start UEH, I can't remember the last time I saw a black DS Lite with matching white screens, let alone two.

It must also be rembered that if you have a black DSi or Lite, any colour differences between the two screens will possibly show more than on lighter colour versions. That's because if you have a black background or border to a colour, there is an optical illusion that the colour is more intense. If you take two sheets of card, one black and one white and cut an equal size hole in the middle of each and then put each of the sheets of card over another card coloured red, then, if you were to look at the two side by side, the red when viewed through the black card would look more 'intense'.

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just got my dsi back from nintendo after i told them the bottom screen was yellow,
and they completely replaced my dsi for free!!!

NO HASSLE! really! nintendo was really nice and gave me a brand new dsi with all my old things loaded on it... even my profiles!

i figured i would post for ppl with this problem... because i remember somone saying that nintendo will not cover yellow screens and they do!!!

I am VERY HAPPY!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1