endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Nah, the fan still is operational, it's just the tower may have been bent around the mesh a bit, and grinds against it, but it does still work, the front, rear, CPU and PSU fans all operate just fine still. The heatsink isn't a problem and not really something I'm focusing on, just the top fan I took out due to it grinding and hitting the inside of the case, it was really annoying. I might need to wedge or bend it to there's space.

Oh, the top fan isn't your heatsink fan? Sorry.
Mine was probably a fan, not a casing problem then.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Only worry when it is 100C.
Just cut the top of your case off. I will show you a screenshot of what we did with our main desktop. Had a similar issue.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only worry when it is 100C.
Just cut the top of your case off. I will show you a screenshot of what we did with our main desktop. Had a similar issue.

But should I decide to keep the fan out, I should have no real cause for concern, is what you're saying, correct? My friend has a similar tower in his apartment upstairs from mine. He removed the top fan and hasn't had any issues, and he too is an avid gamer. I don't plan on OCing, just PC games and PCSX2/Dolphin, well, emulation as well.

Yeah, a screenshot would be useful, and since it did reduce vibrations, that would be excellent.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
But should I decide to keep the fan out, I should have no real cause for concern, is what you're saying, correct? My friend has a similar tower in his apartment upstairs from mine. He removed the top fan and hasn't had any issues, and he too is an avid gamer. I don't plan on OCing, just PC games and PCSX2/Dolphin, well, emulation as well.

Yeah, a screenshot would be useful, and since it did reduce vibrations, that would be excellent.

A screenshot? Go home randomizer, you are drunk! *checks own post*
Go home jonthedit, you are drunk! :grog:

I meant picture haha, but yes I will post one up here tomorrow.
Even if you OC over 4.0ghz you will probably only get around 70C [if it is intense]

Reactions: the_randomizer

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These fans:
SM-FAN-0081L.JPG
While they are small, 80mm fans. Don't let the size fool, you, these things can push air like you wouldn't believe, Perhaps rivals CPU Fans. These fans are for hot swap case fan used in server platform, trying these things in a desktop, may or may not burn out the fan header on the motherboard. Heck these things sounds like a Boeing 747 taking off from the runway, during power on but idles after post. Unless you can manually tune the speed of these fans, forget about using them directly from a power supply, that is if you prefer to where earplugs instead and quite possibly the police knocking or ramming your door ;). These fans uses at least an amp of power, while most case fans uses far less then that (I could be wrong about this).
Seriously, it probably best not to try to extract or find a fan similar to this one, that connect to the Fan header. You probably would only need two or three of these beasts to keep your entire computer running cool, but then you would be risking your motherboard, and chances are the case will not support 80mm fans.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have a 200 mm front fan and 120 mm rear fan, along with a nice aftermarket CPU cooler as the PSU and its fan, so, I've four fans and temps haven't been an issue, even when I render 3D scenes (or snapshots, takes a few seconds). Again, this is just me being a worrywart lol :D

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have a 200 mm front fan and 120 mm rear fan, along with a nice aftermarket CPU cooler as the PSU and its fan, so, I've four fans and temps haven't been an issue, even when I render 3D scenes (or snapshots, takes a few seconds). Again, this is just me being a worrywart lol :D
I think it is better to be a worrywart and being cautious, then be blissfully unaware and letting the temp get too hot and thus having problems real quick, then the damage would already be done. I myself can be a worrywart too.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I think it is better to be a worrywart and being cautious, then be blissfully unaware and letting the temp get too hot and thus having problems real quick, then the damage would already be done. I myself can be a worrywart too.

Not when you already have adequate cooling...
Just set an alarm if your cores or gpu gets hotter than 80C

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not when you already have adequate cooling...
Just set an alarm if your cores or gpu gets hotter than 80C
True, but how many people actually do this? pretty much most people are blissfully unaware, and you have dust build up over time and even the most adequate cooling can be hindered.
Surprisingly my computer does not have an alarm settings in the BIOS. Software based alarm is no good, because it doesn't detect all of my cores or CPU, so it gets ignored. Aida64 sees all my cores and CPU, but does not have an alarm, so I have to monitor the temperature once in a while.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, but how many people actually do this? pretty much most people are blissfully unaware, and you have dust build up over time and even the most adequate cooling can be hindered.
Surprisingly my computer does not have an alarm settings in the BIOS. Software based alarm is no good, because it doesn't detect all of my cores or CPU, so it gets ignored. Aida64 sees all my cores and CPU, but does not have an alarm, so I have to monitor the temperature once in a while.

I'm not paranoid really, I haven't had any problems yet, but my motherboard does have sensors, well, most do anyways. Dust cleaning is good, but trust me, I have a good reason to not monitor the temps. When I do, I get paranoid as a I game, I can't enjoy if it I have to monitor the temps you see. If it gets too hot, it'll shut down before damage occurs. In essence, I'd rather game than constantly monitor the temps, making me worry more. I did it all the time with my laptop, so I was like "screw this" and removed Speccy.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not paranoid really, I haven't had any problems yet, but my motherboard does have sensors, well, most do anyways. Dust cleaning is good, but trust me, I have a good reason to not monitor the temps. When I do, I get paranoid as a I game, I can't enjoy if it I have to monitor the temps you see. If it gets too hot, it'll shut down before damage occurs. In essence, I'd rather game than constantly monitor the temps, making me worry more. I did it all the time with my laptop, so I was like "screw this" and removed Speccy.
I see your point, it is a pain to have to monitor the temperatures. I don't have the luxury of my computer shutting down automatically before damage occurs, however after reading my manual it does state that my computer does have a fan failure alarm, so perhaps that could be interpret as a temperature alarm? The settings in my BIOS only allows me to turn the fan on full speed if temperature reach critical, but I do not want it to ever reach critical for obvious reason. I can however say, that I have not have any issues myself, especially with those six fans (posted earlier) going on at the same time. However my computer have to be in air conditioned environment in the summer time and in the winter, it act as a heater that you would normally plug into the wall. It does heat up the room in the winter time :lol:.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2