Hardware Yaosm And The Future

mastic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I currently have a wiifree chip installed in my wii. Unfortunatly wiifit does not work on it and i have heard that the Yaosm chip is the way forward. Has anybody any experience of it:

1) not working on any newer titles at the moment

2) Can they be updated by myself with firmware or do i have to keep going back to the chip fitter

3) Is this a wise move for the future or just wasting my money on a different chip

4) will it play all regions or just PAL ( i have UK wii )

Advise please from you experts to us noobs lol

Cheers

ps This is the chip that the fitter supplies= Yaosm 12f629

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have YAOSM installed on my Wii-Boss chip. It's working perfectly, all games work, also the newer ones with the 001 protection. The nice thing is that you can reprogram your WiiFree chip with Yaosm, so it will not cost you a new chip. That is, if the chip is fitted in a socket (so it's removable) and if you have a programmer, or know someone who can reprogram it for you.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
I updated to a Yaosm chip the other week.

1. Works very well on all titles I've thrown at it.

2. Can be updated yourself very easily. It has a disc update facility but I would recommend you getting your fitter to put it in a socket so that you can always change the chip yourself if necessary. If you have a wiifree then it's possible you already have it in a socket.

3. It's about £1 for a blank chip and they can be reprogrammed.

4. It will play the usual collection of out of region games, but there is always freeloader for the rest anyways.

mastic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for the answers, i will get the new chip tommorow
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users