Hacking Yakuza 4 with PS3xploit 3.0 "HAN" possible?

Talha_Yilmaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello everyone,

does anyone know if Yakuza 4 (and 5 wich i not tried) is compatible with PS3xploit 3.0 "HAN"?

So i tried to install Yakuza 4. I have OFW 4.82 on a non-CFW compatible slim PS3 and the game in BD Format (PS3_GAME folder).

As far as i know, you need an update for the game in order to convert it to a PKG file for HAN. I tried it with the EUR version game and update but the CFW2OFW Helper tool does not seem to recognise the PARAM.SFO file (It cant find the name, version and category information inside the .sfo file to be specific).
I have to say that i found the update file for this game on an external website.

So far so bad. Then i tried to find an update with the "PS3 Game updates" tool. Wich could not find any updates... wet atleast not for EUR and US versions. But it found the japanese update files. So i tried it with them.

CFW2OFW recognised it and did his thing and all the other needed steps worked fine as well. Even on the Playstation itself there were no problem... until after the installation. I installed all files but the game did not show up on the XMB. I can find the game and update files on the PS3. But no Icon to start the game.

Well i think the problem is indeed the case that i used the EUR version of the game with the JAP update files. The EUR version received the same updates. The latest was 1.08. So because of that i naively thought it could work that way. I even tried to change the information within the PARAM.SFO file with the editor tool but it did not work either. Maybe someone knows if there is a way to get it run like this or in another way.

Do you guys have any clue?

Nekomaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Both Yakuza 4 and 5 have PS Store .pkg files available. Google is your friend.

I have the same param.sfo error for Heavenly Sword. Editing the file hasn't helped. I would simply wait for a Multiman port for Han in such cases.

Reactions: Talha_Yilmaz

Talha_Yilmaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Both Yakuza 4 and 5 have PS Store .pkg files available. Google is your friend.

I have the same param.sfo error for Heavenly Sword. Editing the file hasn't helped. I would simply wait for a Multiman port for Han in such cases.

hmm i see... thanks for the reply. And yeah i wasnt able to found the pkg files with google unfortinatly.

Im pretty new in the PS3 scene. So with Multiman i am able to access those installed files? Or does ot help to convert/install games in the first place?

Edit:
google DID help. So did you. Thank you. I'll try it that way.

Last edited by Talha_Yilmaz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how this shit should work
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how...