[XY ROM Hacking] Issue on model swapping

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by luke9631, Nov 24, 2015.

1. luke9631
    OP

luke9631 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2015
    Italy
    Hi everyone.
    So, as I really wanted to try the features of modifying 3d models in Pokèmon I wrote a simple program which randomly swaps the names of the files in the garc romfs/a/0/2/1 (where OW models are). Everything seems to work flawlessly in the game (100 times funnier btw) except one simple thing: this
    As you can see the player model is the same but glitchy. The strange thing is not the glitch itself but the fact that it's still the same model. I immediately checked the garc but every player model I found (002,159..) was randomized correctly so where did I go wrong?
    In particular the glitch happens when I modify the "002.154" model of the garc, if I touch it (regardless of what the other player models in the garc are) the ow in-game starts bugging while reamining the default one (as in the picture).
    In the same way if i leave 002 untouched and I edit the others, the in-game player doesn't change and doesn't glitch. I know it's hard to explain but I think this community can help me out maybe.
    Perhaps the player model OW is in another path? I don't know, I'm clueless right now.
    Thanks for the help.

Also, feel free to tell me if I posted in the wrong section, I will delete the thread immediately.

2. trainboy2019

trainboy2019 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    trainboy2019 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 6, 2015
    Antarctica
    Ylisse
    The player's clothing models are stored elsewhere. That may be your problem. This shows most if not all garcs in the XY romfs.

3. luke9631
    OP

luke9631 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2015
    Italy
    Well that was easier than I thought, thank you.
    It's a shame that the actual player model (in 0/8/9) is so complicated to edit ç_ç
    Thanks again for the help

4. trainboy2019

trainboy2019 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    trainboy2019 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 6, 2015
    Antarctica
    Ylisse
    you're welcome