Xperia Play responsible for the removal of PSX emulator?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xperiaplay60.jpg
With the launch of Sony Ericsson's Android-powered "PlayStation Phone," the Xperia Play, supposedly right around the corner, Google has pulled the plug on a prominent PSOne emulator for its mobile OS. According to its author, "zodttd," PSX4Droid was removed from the Android Market without warning due to a "Content Policy violation," though he suspects it has more to do with Sony's imminent smart phone offering. "Sony's Xperia Play must be coming soon," tweeted the dev, adding that, "The timing is suspicious with no remedy."

As for alternatives to the Android Market, PSX4Droid's maker says he's a "bit worried to go to Amazon App Store" since "people who own the Market version would have to buy it again to update." Meanwhile, another PSOne emulator for Android, fpse, remains available on the Market.[/p]
icon11.gif
Source (Joystiq)

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I see. didnt know about it, but its a pretty easy guess.
Sony wants $$$$.

Was the emulator a paid app on android store? Well, of course selling individual games Sony will make more $$$$.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ROM Gripper didn't just get pulled, it died altogether. I booted it but couldn't get it to connect properly, and the *oid emulators have removed the ROM Gripper button from the menu as well. There's still alternatives like DroidEmuROMGet, but I liked how simple ROM Gripper and ROM Gripper++ were.

I'm also kind of curious as to what kind of content policy psx4droid violated. Couldn't really have been illegal, the fact that it required you to find a bios separately indicates that there wasn't any Sony-copyrighted code in it, although I suppose if Sony decided to whine and threaten to start a shitstorm over it Google might not have had a huge choice in the matter.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LoL, easy way of making some money
smile.gif
The PSX emulator works fine on the PC, or you can just play them on the PSP.
but I guess people would still buy it to play on the Xperia...

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sure? For me it boots up, shows system/ROM lists and ads, but won't load game screenshots and gives connection errors when trying to download any game.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony screwing gamers once again. And this time they got Google to help. (Just like when Google/Youtube helped Sony identify everyone who watched PS3 hacking videos.)

Google + Sony = Alliance made in hell.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
Sony screwing gamers once again. And this time they got Google to help. (Just like when Google/Youtube helped Sony identify everyone who watched PS3 hacking videos.)

Google + Sony = Alliance made in hell.
It was a court order, they were compelled by law to comply.
But don't let that stop you from continuing to make shit up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD