How to RooT "SonyEricsson XPERIA PLAY (R800i)"?

tarras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly entitle Root on Android:
- The ability to freeze and restore the firmware on your Android device
- Remove ads from the app
- Remove built-in applications and ringtones
- Embedded applications and ringtones
- Change the look of Android to no recognition (to change the icons, change the background), strongly modified apk, system applications
- Extend the work on a single charge (if you charge enough for 1 day, you can increase battery life by 1.5 to give root access - 2 days)
- Increase the speed and responsiveness of Android
- Disperse or reduce the processor speed In a computer, clock speed refers to the number of pulses per second generated by an oscillator that sets the tempo for the processor. Clock speed is usually measured in MHz (megahertz, or millions of pulses per second) or GHz (gigahertz, or billions of pulses per second). Today's personal computers run at a clock speed in the hundreds of megahertz and some exceed one gigahertz. The clock speed is determined by a quartz-crystal circuit, similar to those used in radio communications equipment.
- Automate many routine actions
- Android unlock graphic key
- Create your own firmware
- And many other useful features and capabilities

Reactions: MetoMeto

c1gar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey

I am pretty much in the same boat as your were, I am trying to root my SE play so i can install apps and move content to sd card, any help would be greatyl appreaited

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

as there seems no way to connect to the play store now from these old devices?

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
hey

I am pretty much in the same boat as your were, I am trying to root my SE play so i can install apps and move content to sd card, any help would be greatyl appreaited

as there seems no way to connect to the play store now from these old devices?
Wll i dont even use playstore on PLAY, i just transfer wat works with old android firmware. i can give you list of apps i tested that work if you want?

Also i am using elite gamer rom..its great for emulators!

BTW i had such hard time rooting and figuring...put its done at the end..idk how i can help since i dont remember much but ask away, i probably will

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
yes please for the list.

how did u get in to fast boot mode? thanks
ill make a list as soon as i get home.
as for fastboot...are you having trouble with fb and what did you tried so far..?

also...i need to remember..i just remember j had HELL doing this right xD

but ill try to remember

c1gar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey

I have been trying to get into the boot loader. DL flashtool etc. but no matter the hardware combo i hold on boot, i cannot access the boot loader to flash firmware to a lower 2.3 in order to root it.

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
hey

I have been trying to get into the boot loader. DL flashtool etc. but no matter the hardware combo i hold on boot, i cannot access the boot loader to flash firmware to a lower 2.3 in order to root it.

Hi!

Sorry for my late replys. Let me just put this list of emulators for "Xperia Play" xElite GAMER 2.0 ROM here for you first!

Ill write every emulator that i use here.
So i tested all of them with multiple demanding games and many games at random and results are pretty good and playable. I like when there are no crackings in sound, glitches or god forbid fps drop or slowdowns. x)

So these are all latest (as i know) emulators that work best on said ROM and phone, and also, this is Android version 2.3.7

As for my phone its Xperia PLAY, with custom ROM xElite GAMER 2.0 android version is v2.3.7, phone model is R800i

Emulators:

-Play Station ONE:
ePSXe v2.0.12 beta 7 (i don't use native xperia emulator)
FPse: v11.206
(one suggestion is to use European or PAL games because they run @30FPS natively, and because of that games run full speed most of them and majority of the time unlike NTSC games which are 60FPS natively)

-Sega Genesis/megadrive:
MD.emu v1.5.34 built: jul 34. 2016
Tiger Genesis v2.1.0

-Nintendo 64:
Mupen64 Plus AE v2.44
version code: 36
N64oid v2.7

-Game Boy ADVANCE:
My Boy! v1.8.0
My OldBoy v1.5.1
Nostalgia.GBC pro v1.17.1

-NeoGeo:
NEO.emu v1.5.28

-NES:
Nesoid v2.5.0
Nostalgia.NES pro v1.17.1

-NeoGeo pocket:
NGP.emu v1.5.34

-
Sega Game Gear:
Nostalgia.GG pro v1.17.1

-
Super Nintendo (SNES):
Snes9x EX v 1.5.38

-
MAME/Arcade/neogeo
Tiger Arcade v3.2.0

Ok so now for rooting flashing etc.

Let me just tell you that im not an expert...im just an experienced NooB and also englush is not my main language, but i really want to help you! But dont expect much from me please.

As for my phone, i used MANY sources and trying to figure stuff out by my self and asking here, duckduck-ing stuff online and solutions and on youtube, forums..may links where dead..but ill try to help any way i can and know how.

many things i just...did..dont know how, but ill try to see if i can remember for you!

Anyway, please tell me first details about your phone and software etc. i mean i must start somewhere :)

Oh right! As for hardvare combo you need to connect to pc and THAn do the combo :)

Ill try to find how i did it

I remember going on this site https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader for tools and explanations.. but i think you need to see if your boot loader is unlocked i think?

I know i used "fastboot" mode and i had to turn off phone,, hold search button, connect to pc via usb while holding search and led on power button turns blue and phone is in fastboot mode ready to be..flashed i think. Than i remember using comand prompt and entering a command...
https://androidmtk.com/enable-fastboot-mode-sony-xperia-smartphone

EDIT: good news! i found files and documents i used :)

Ok i see i used "platform-tools" if i remember correctly you need the latest ones and open command prompt in that folder (you hold shift and press right mouse and youll see "open command prompt here") where you extracted latest platform tools, and use command (wile your phone is in fastboot mode): adb sideload "ROM_NAME.ZIP" where .zip file is in same folder.
I actually never rooted it, it was pain to do so, i always failed so i found already rooted one, flashed it, with that one rooted one i installed xElite gamer 2.0 ROM...

Sorry everything is so messed up, but as i write im remembering :P

I think 4.0.2.A.0.79 couldnt be rooted so i found, as i said already rooted with lover version its called like this "R800i_4_0_2_A_0_69_WORLD_1_8_1247_6176.ftf"

or idk if it was already rooted, but i do remember that xx.79 couldnt be rooted while xx.69 could, so thats why i did that first.

Last edited by MetoMeto,

c1gar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No problem!
Sorry i couldnt be more help :(

Please tell me if you did it or not, im curious :)
Xperia is great console!

unfortunately i get invalid syntax when trying to unlock the boot loader.
but going through your very helpful list of apps atm!
love the xperia play, wish they would make a modern one as i like the game/phone all in oneness of it!

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
unfortunately i get invalid syntax when trying to unlock the boot loader.
but going through your very helpful list of apps atm!
love the xperia play, wish they would make a modern one as i like the game/phone all in oneness of it!
tbh i think they would be the hottest cookie among gamers and non gamers, and it would be MUCH more convinient way to play games.
I would TOTALY buy that phone!!!

As for apps..well..those are what i use and i tested thoroughly, and still testing. If you wish i can send you settings that work for me the best and in most optimal way.
I mean i ask if you want cause i know how tedious can be to find apps that work, that are latest for given android version, that work and to finally test them (i did that for 3 days straight lol)

Also ill try to tell you what cons some emulators have (i mean down side) for example, the ones i can remember right now is with nostalgia emulators. In mapping the buttons, start and sellect wont work after you set up other buttons and vice versa...idk if im doing something wrong but im still testing (not actively though) but when i have time...

As for syntax error...do you mean in command prompt?

Calyptor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice, just got one myself. Should arrive sometime next week. Were you able to keep call functions after root? Id like to have a system i can install dumped games on but also use it as a regular phone...

Calyptor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sort of. I've never had an r800i; it's the only model Sony will bootloader-unlock. But you can root all r800. You just have to use a custom ROM with a locked/signed bootloader.

The later versions of Android seem like they have more overhead, so I just stayed on Gingerbread. Fortunately, there are custom ROMs for gaming that have locked/signed bootloaders; that's what I use.

Recommendations:
Cola6: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1442557
xElite Gamer 2.0: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2366002

Hey freeman, would love to give cola a test but the xda links are down, do you have any leads?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1