Hacking xK3y region and dashupdate question

donkeyhigh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi.
1: So I know there are allot of threads already about "can I play PAL on my NTSC" and vica verca. And I see people saying "You can play YOUR region, and Region Free releases". But what I CANNOT see anyone answering anywhere, is if playing RF will get me banned from Xbox Live? I mean, RF isos have been tampered with. So...?

2: Oh, and if I try and run a game from the wrong region, let's say it was wrongly named in the release, will it do anything other than tell me it's an invalid dvd?

3: Also, can I update my Xbox dashboard through Live? Or do I have to do it manually, like with a JTAG/RGH?

I just sold my JTAG to get a Xbox with xkey, just so I can play online. I really don't want to get banned before even getting to try it.

So what I'm basically asking is this:

4: What do I have to do to get banned from Live? Like, how much do I have to screw up in order to get banned? :P Or are there safetymeasures in the xk3y?

Thanks for any response. :)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1, No, RF releases are RF.
The 360, well 95% of its library is region free, even if the box says otherwise.
Thick chance you can play NTSC games.

I'm not entirely sure about Japanese only games tho...

2, ABGX will say it's not from your region.

3, Yes.
Just connect to live and update it ;]

4, playing games pre-release (month before release)
playing unpatched games.
Openly admitting you pirate on XBL to everyone (MS can ban for that)

Reactions: donkeyhigh

donkeyhigh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So you're telling me that the games are released as official RF from the developers themselves? And are not patched or anything like that by the ripping groups?

If so, that is just awsome :)

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I also have 2X360 with XK3y

You can update your dash without problems as long as you boot the xbox in passthrou modus on the xk3y (power it up by opening your dvd drive)
I always update my dash on 1 a few weeks later (when i'm sure it does not break xk3y or anything else)
So far i still can go on live without my consoles being banned

RF games are not tampered, most companies release there game RF and if it's regio locked, your console will refuse to play it

To be honest i never play online, not even with Xk3y, i only go online when i need something to checkout or update my dash because a newer games requires the a newer dash

Reactions: donkeyhigh

donkeyhigh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you both, so much, for your very clear answers!

Now just 1 more question to finish of this newb-thread.

I have never used ABGX before. I've only ever owned a JTAG. So I know NOTHING about it.
But I downloaded it, at ran a few games through it with default settings.
It seems to be offline, so I downloaded a .ini file from their forums, placed it in a StealthFolder and retried my games. Now they seem to be downloading something.

Is this what is called "patching" ? Like, are they now being patched? And also, should I just use default settings, or is there something important I need to tick/check off?

Thanks. I promise this will be the last question. :)

Edit: some games gave me all green, while some had some errors. I guess the green ones are OK to play, while the others needs to be downloaded again from another release? And that's how it works?

It just seems kind of weird, because I'm getting like 80% failed.

edit2: ok, so I followed this guy:

and it seems more games are going through as successful now. Hope this is right :)

donkeyhigh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hehe, I guess we just like being told by a voice. Even if it sounds like a 13-yearold.

Do I have to download the .iso's I've already run through abgx again? Like, have they been patched in the wrong way or something, and I need a fresh vanilla .iso again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: