ROM Hack WIP Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Save Editor

Thunder Kai

#TeamRem
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone !

Firstly, thank you for those who can help me and especially provide an answer to my questions.

I wanted to ask you, I lost my 200h game save on Xenoblade 2 ...
And I wanted to redo a save and if possible, not bother to get the rare "blades" that are only obtainable by chance :/

So, there I have a 30h game save and I wanted to know if it was possible to extract it, to edit it with the tool Xenoblade Chronicle 2 save editor.

My Switch is not hacked and I wanted to know if it was possible to hack and "un-hack" to avoid making me ban by Nintendo. I have a micro sd 32 GB.

What will you advise me step by step?

Thank you in advance for your answers ! :)
just use homebrew and don't use it again afterwards, and delete all homebrew files from your SD

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: mr.sushi

MikeTheKnight2016

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a more up to date editor available now. It's on the forum. It does everything you should need.

That's the editor I downloaded (not the one from this thread, but the one that the OP in this thread linked to) -- (the commit was from 6 days ago) - which tab is it under?

Last edited by MikeTheKnight2016,

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the editor I downloaded (not the one from this thread, but the one that the OP in this thread linked to) -- (the commit was from 6 days ago) - which tab is it under?
I don't have it in front of me right now, but it should be under the Driver tab. I think on the right side, you can use the box to choose a weapon type, then put the amount of WP in the box under it. SP should be there somewhere too. Just look around the Driver tab.

Reactions: MikeTheKnight2016

MikeTheKnight2016

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have it in front of me right now, but it should be under the Driver tab. I think on the right side, you can use the box to choose a weapon type, then put the amount of WP in the box under it. SP should be there somewhere too. Just look around the Driver tab.

Gosh do I feel dumb now! Thank you!

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Once the offsets are found yes. As of rn I have almost no time to even play my switch :sad:
If someone does find the offsets I can easily add to EdiZon's config

I remembered someone mentioned Torna saves were compressed with zlib? If that's the case, does EdiZon support decompression/compression yet?

Type_O_Dev

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remembered someone mentioned Torna saves were compressed with zlib? If that's the case, does EdiZon support decompression/compression yet?
IDK but if that is the case I could talk to developers and put it into the thinks to do. Can you find out if the compression is the case

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi

I have an issue here not directly related to save editor, but it might help me.

I have cartridge Xenoblade game and I installed DLCs via nsp. Everything worked well for a long time but I did a wrong thing few time ago with NZ by deletting a title ID.

Today it's impossible for me to load any save from Xenoblade because of missing DLC, even if i reinstall eveything (still with NSP).
I can't figure how i could make this to work again,

Would it be possible to get rid of any trace of DLC with the save editor ?
The weird thing is that if start a new game, I have acces to DLC. Maybe one of them i missing, i can't figure that.

I currently have 5.0.1 Switch, I used SXOS or ReiNX.

90 jours of playing and game not even finished ;-;

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi

I have an issue here not directly related to save editor, but it might help me.

I have cartridge Xenoblade game and I installed DLCs via nsp. Everything worked well for a long time but I did a wrong thing few time ago with NZ by deletting a title ID.

Today it's impossible for me to load any save from Xenoblade because of missing DLC, even if i reinstall eveything (still with NSP).
I can't figure how i could make this to work again,

Would it be possible to get rid of any trace of DLC with the save editor ?
The weird thing is that if start a new game, I have acces to DLC. Maybe one of them i missing, i can't figure that.

I currently have 5.0.1 Switch, I used SXOS or ReiNX.

90 jours of playing and game not even finished ;-;

Could be, but the game might crash as the save has extra (DLC) blades and stuff in there, you have to remove ALL of them besides the DLC related flags. I don't think it's worth the time.

And are those NSP the same ones you used before? The base game, DLC and update might need to be from the same origin as there seems to be a compatible issue for dubious sources of nsps using together.

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can't figure if they are the same one.
I downloaded several from various place. None of theme solved my problem.

Finally my issue was resolved by updating to 6.0.1 (choixdujour) then performing game restoration from console settings.
Can't know how but i'm not super banned yet.

Now i need to back up any thing i can for the day i could not restore the game anymore. Any way, the issue is only with the save. Game works fine with nsp dlc during any new game i triés.

Type_O_Dev

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't figure if they are the same one.
I downloaded several from various place. None of theme solved my problem.

Finally my issue was resolved by updating to 6.0.1 (choixdujour) then performing game restoration from console settings.
Can't know how but i'm not super banned yet.

Now i need to back up any thing i can for the day i could not restore the game anymore. Any way, the issue is only with the save. Game works fine with nsp dlc during any new game i triés.
I have a guide here. it would take a while but I'm sure it would be better than repeating 100-200 hours. So run the template from that guide with 010 editor. You will need to open both files and run template I would open them separate vs two tabs. you will have to compare changes and make changes. Things to look for is their is a bunch of quests and their completion, location, blades, drivers, (inventory) pcweaponchipbox, pcequiptbox, itembox, salvagebox, treasurebox, (eatables) favoritebox, (either) crystallistbox, (boosters) boosterbox, (popi) hanarolebox, hanaartbox, hanaartsbox, hananartsbox. I would change these items and their values in the save without dlc. make sure you backup before changes and check to see if the changes take after any main edits. the quest stuff is what you should be interested in first as without that it will only load without you locations.

Again this will take time but possible. Good luck and let me know how it works out.

Weeniebu11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was anyone able to fix the xc2 shulk and fiora thing?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

test

im jjust trying to get 5 messages ignore these

lalalala

hype

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer