Hacking Xecuter SX Pro intial setup

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I will be installing the Xecuter SX Pro onto my kids' console in a couple of days.
I haven't looked much into it yet.

They have lots (and I really mean it) of games on carts and quite a few eshop games as well.

Any specific things I should really pay attention to, knowing that they want to keep playing online.
Does this thingy work with 128 GB carts?

I know things evolve quickly and I quickly looked at the pinned tutorial (quickly is the word) but so to be make sure, is there an updated tutorial to install this as quickly as possible?

Does it work with xci and nsp images and is there something particular about these formats (DLCs, games updates... impact on online play) ?

Thanks for your patience yet once again (and sorry I know I could most certainly find this info here on the site but I am in desperate need for more time and I really want this done for the kids ASAP).

Cheers,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Backup your NAND ASAP, before you do any modding.
Yes, it works with 128GB sd.
What do you want to install? It is not permanent yet. You just boot to RCM and connect the dongle. Done.
Yes, XCI and NSP games work. Never go online with CFW obviously.

Reactions: Aglae Pheryl

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

I will be installing the Xecuter SX Pro onto my kids' console in a couple of days.
I haven't looked much into it yet.

They have lots (and I really mean it) of games on carts and quite a few eshop games as well.

Any specific things I should really pay attention to, knowing that they want to keep playing online.
Does this thingy work with 128 GB carts?

I know things evolve quickly and I quickly looked at the pinned tutorial (quickly is the word) but so to be make sure, is there an updated tutorial to install this as quickly as possible?

Does it work with xci and nsp images and is there something particular about these formats (DLCs, games updates... impact on online play) ?

Thanks for your patience yet once again (and sorry I know I could most certainly find this info here on the site but I am in desperate need for more time and I really want this done for the kids ASAP).

Cheers,
You can't go online anymore, don't go online. Buy a second swich for cfw and if you do make sure to make a new account on that one

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Backup your NAND ASAP, before you do any modding.
Yes, it works with 128GB sd.
What do you want to install? It is not permanent yet. You just boot to RCM and connect the dongle. Done.
Yes, XCI and NSP games work. Never go online with CFW obviously.
I suppose backuping the Nand is an option in the SX menu... is it?

Never go online... so there's no way I could run this and just shutdown and boot the console in its original state?
Big N would notice the console was booted with a cfw at some point, is that it?

Well, in this condition, no install at all. No risks, the kids would never forgive me if they could not play online anymore.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I suppose backuping the Nand is an option in the SX menu... is it?

Never go online... so there's no way I could run this and just shutdown and boot the console in its original state?
Big N would notice the console was booted with a cfw at some point, is that it?

Well, in this condition, no install at all. No risks, the kids would never forgive me if they could not play online anymore.
Nope, you need hekate.
There is. Just reboot and go online. But never go online while having the CFW.
They notice as soon as you connect to the internet and do something stupid, they just (hopefully) won't ban you instantly.
You can either pay for online or play offline forever for free.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I quickly looked for a tutorial for hekate... will surely follow this before doing anything stupid (though it does not look very user friendly at first sight - i quickly glanced a the tutorial)
So if it is 'safe' to boot cfw and then reboot into ofw and go online then this is good and I will proceed with the install in a couple of days.
Thanks.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I quickly looked for a tutorial for hekate... will surely follow this before doing anything stupid (though it does not look very user friendly at first sight - i quickly glanced a the tutorial)
So if it is 'safe' to boot cfw and then reboot into ofw and go online then this is good and I will proceed with the install in a couple of days.
Thanks.
I wouldn't call it safe, but safer than with CFW (I am doing it that way and I am still not banned).

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

FriskyWhisky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi everyone. I just wanted to add a few questions to this conversation.

1. So if I want to update to the latest OFW , is it best just going through Nintendo online services for that? or update via a different offline method? are there advantages/disadvantages with either? like burning fuses?(I think that stops you from downgrading the firmware if I'm correct?)

2. Should I backup my NAND from the stock firmware or after I update?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hi everyone. I just wanted to add a few questions to this conversation.

1. So if I want to update to the latest OFW , is it best just going through Nintendo online services for that? or update via a different offline method? are there advantages/disadvantages with either? like burning fuses?(I think that stops you from downgrading the firmware if I'm correct?)

2. Should I backup my NAND from the stock firmware or after I update?
1. Online = ban 99% of the time (except if you are from EU and have disabled everything?? Idk why I am not banned yet). Going offline has no disadvantages, just that you have to search for the update.
2. You should backup before doing anything.

FriskyWhisky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1. Online = ban 99% of the time (except if you are from EU and have disabled everything?? Idk why I am not banned yet). Going offline has no disadvantages, just that you have to search for the update.
2. You should backup before doing anything.
So will updating the firmware via the Nintendo online services stop me from downgrading to my stock firmware in the future? Etc If my Switch stopped working and i needed to revert back to a older firmware.

I was thinking about updating via Nintendo services after I backed up my NAND and before installing sx OS

Last edited by FriskyWhisky,

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Finally have a couple of hours to get things running for my Kids Switch console.
Before I screw up miserably as usual, i'd like to make sure I got the right links and steps...

The Switch is running 5.1.0 (Europe) and I have set it to Flight mode. It now lies in sleep mode.

1. Backup Nand with hekate. Can someone tell me of an up to date tutorial that includes the tools (I quickly read the console had to be booted at some point in RCM mode (is this something I should do using the small dongle from the SX pro package?)

2. Install the SX Pro stuff (again any up to date tutorial - if possible with pics or videos)

Thanks.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Finally have a couple of hours to get things running for my Kids Switch console.
Before I screw up miserably as usual, i'd like to make sure I got the right links and steps...

The Switch is running 5.1.0 (Europe) and I have set it to Flight mode. It now lies in sleep mode.

1. Backup Nand with hekate. Can someone tell me of an up to date tutorial that includes the tools (I quickly read the console had to be booted at some point in RCM mode (is this something I should do using the small dongle from the SX pro package?)

2. Install the SX Pro stuff (again any up to date tutorial - if possible with pics or videos)

Thanks.
Here
Look at extra.

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks but there's something I'm not sure about...
It says I need a 32 GB SD Card. I do have one that I formatted in extfat...
Is there an SD Card slot on the Switch somewhere? I did find a usd card slot but no sd card slot...
I have installed TegraRcmGui (2.0) and selected the ctcaer 2.3 bin file...
I have inserted the dongle on the right side

Before turning the console on zith volume up + power I want to make sure the files I have (atmosphere folder and 4 other files (hbmenu.nro hekate_ipl.ini loader.kip1 & sm.kip1) do go onto the SD card and where to place this card... (For info, I just formatted the 32 GB file with WIndows in extfat)

Thanks

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to keep your kids happy and able to play online forever, really the only option is keep the current Switch the way it is and buy second new/used Switch solely for using CFW on.

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you want to keep your kids happy and able to play online forever, really the only option is keep the current Switch the way it is and buy second new/used Switch solely for using CFW on.
I wish I had the dough for that but definitely not now. So I'm still unsure if I need a usd card or a regular sd card and what the next steps are.

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I had the dough for that but definitely not now. So I'm still unsure if I need a usd card or a regular sd card and what the next steps are.
I would wait, research more and not touch your kids console yet. Installing any NSP files and going online in CFW should flag you for a ban (are you 100% sure your kids will NEVER do this, not even once?). There are cheaper tablet only Switch consoles on ebay sub $200 new, used even cheaper.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's because the memory controller is built into the CPU