Xecuter Issue on an old Xbox

Haizum74

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A friend of mine has left me an xbox that has an xecuter mod on it but no matter what I try I just cannot get it to boot passed the xbox logo screen. It just goes to a code 07 screen. I have tried 3 different HDDs, two different IDE cables, two DVD drives, changing to bank 1 and 2 and nothing. Every single time it does it and wondered if there is an issue with the bios or what is it that it is not finding.

He had another one that had the same issue and just needed a 'new' HDD drive and we got it working but this one just aint having it. I can't even boot a disc such as AID.

help and thanks.

Last edited by Haizum74,

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AID? auto installer deluxe? That won't help you. Try using a Hexen disc and see if that boots. Give it some time Hexen can take up to 5 minutes to boot.

Reactions: Haizum74

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Error 07 means in the most cases that the Cable from the HDD is not properly connected or loose.
The Connector on Mainboard is Ok ?
Please check the Mainboard visually of conduction interuptions.

Maybe Jumper settings (but then the XBox will say Error Code 09 i think).:unsure:

I can't even boot a disc such as AID.

The DVD Drive maybe also can be the "baddie".

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: Haizum74

Haizum74

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Error 07 means in the most cases that the Cable from the HDD is not properly connected or loose.
The Connector on Mainboard is Ok ?
Please check the Mainboard visually of conduction interuptions.

Maybe Jumper settings (but then the XBox will say Error Code 09 i think).:unsure:

The DVD Drive maybe also can be the "baddie".

Yes, tried two cables, both of which worked in a non modded xbox. I'll check the MB and see if any wiring is loose too. DVD Drives also work in the non modded xbox.

AID? auto installer deluxe? That won't help you. Try using a Hexen disc and see if that boots. Give it some time Hexen can take up to 5 minutes to boot.

It was mainly to see if the DVD drive would boot.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Haizum74

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, an update. I took everything apart and gave it a good clean and reassembled. Now when I turn it on, it powers up for a second, turns off, powers up for a second, turns off and then on the 3rd go it stays on but nothing comes on the TV.

When I remove the cable to the xecuter chip that controls the switches, it boots normally but now gives a code 05

UPDATE - Sorted it, I think. Was a crimped wire. FFS so simple.

Last edited by Haizum74,
Reactions: MrCokeacola

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Error 05 is "logical".Your HDD is not LOCKED.Its not needed in case you have an Modchip.If you DSIABLE the Modchip then comes Error Code 05.

It sadly comes clearer thats maybe an contact problem.

Please can you make a picture of your Modchip and upload it ?
Did the Chip has an external switch for on/off ?

Thank you.

Haizum74

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Error 05 is "logical".Your HDD is not LOCKED.Its not needed in case you have an Modchip.If you DSIABLE the Modchip then comes Error Code 05.

It sadly comes clearer thats maybe an contact problem.

Please can you make a picture of your Modchip and upload it ?
Did the Chip has an external switch for on/off ?

Thank you.
Hi, it's an xecuter 2.6 chip. I have finally got it working, no idea what I did but after cleaning the MB and checking all connections, it finally booted up.

Haizum74

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately not, now it's doing the old power on and off 3 times and then booting with no TV signal. Jeez, this is a nightmare to get right heh.

Any pointers folks, please?

Haizum74

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was working fine until I put a new hdd in. Used hexen 2019 and all good. Booted plenty of times but couldn't ftp from PC as it came up with an error on C partition.
So, I put it all back together and it started doing the 3 step power on problem.

Tried the old hdd and still the same issue. Checked wiring and it all looks OK.
Weird thing is is that when I switch the xecuter off it boots but then gives me a code 5 error even with the old hdd.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Weird thing is is that when I switch the xecuter off it boots but then gives me a code 5 error even with the old hdd.

Not weird,thats normal.Xecuter OFF - XBOX is ORIGINAL/booting from ORIGINAL XBOX RETAIL Bios on the Mainboard.
Your OLD HDD is not LOCKED.Thats why ERROR 5.:)
You can try with Hexen Disc to LOCK your OLD HDD than it works without MODCHIP.But thats NOT the SOLUTION for your problem !!

I forgot to ask which IDE Cable you use.The original or an ATA 66/133 one (40pin/80pin) ?:unsure:

Haizum74

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not weird,thats normal.Xecuter OFF - XBOX is ORIGINAL/booting from ORIGINAL XBOX RETAIL Bios on the Mainboard.
Your OLD HDD is not LOCKED.Thats why ERROR 5.:)
You can try with Hexen Disc to LOCK your OLD HDD than it works without MODCHIP.But thats NOT the SOLUTION for your problem !!

I forgot to ask which IDE Cable you use.The original or an ATA 66/133 one (40pin/80pin) ?:unsure:

Hi, I'm using the original 40 pin one and an 80gb hdd.

I can't boot from dvd as once it loads the flobber, it then goes to the error code page but at the same time I would have thought that as its booting to the original dash (xecuter off) it's not then classed as modded so burnt discs won't work.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You can try this please:

- turn your Xecuter on
- put in an other empty IDE HDD if possible (please note the Jumpersettings !)
- use HeXen or AID Installer Disc

If this works then it has to do with your HDD(s).

Haizum74

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK, tried that and still a no go. Jumper settings on master.
I tried booting without the hdd and the dvd drive and it still does it.

Despite it being like this, I'm quite enjoying trying to figure out wtf is going on. Also checked capacitors on the power board and no signs of bulging or leaking either.

Haizum74

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Yes it has an external switch to turn the led's on and also a three bank switch setup for modchip on/off, protect bios and Bank 1&2.
It's also a v1. 0 board.

I'll get some photos put on this evening. However, I tried booting it again last night and it loaded up. Multiple times too. So, something is playing up its just finding what

Haizum74

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Reading through many sites there is the possibility of a dying/faulty Modchip.

Well it appears (so far) to be the switch to turn the chip on or off that needs to be firmly switched as it doesn't move all the way to the left. If that makes sense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: