Hacking xecuter is down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the ability to run xci's from the usb! Were you born last night?

Atmosphere users never understand how convenient USB loading really is...

They want to have a 6tb drive connected to their dock with every single game and load them like carts instead of installing them.

Honestly I think it's a hassle since in the SX menu it just makes one *really* long list of games. There's no real organization to it. Same thing with the main menu, it just adds tons of games.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

If you install SXOS Auto Loader it will let you click on the icon in the normal menu. Making it exactly the same as loading a NSP (Or XCI,NSZ) that was installed with Atmosphere. Except it's on your USB drive and was easier to get on to your Switch....

I didn't hate. I responded to someone that didn't understand xci loading and I gave my personal opinion on it.

I fully understand the love people have for xci loading. But the inability to manage large collections, *to me*, makes it more of a hassle than it's worth. Which xci loading seems to be most valuable with a large collection. If you're using a smaller collection, just get a decent sized sd card.

It's the same AND more versatile than Atmosphere. SXOS issues seem to be with the knowledge of the Atmosphere users...

I have no problems with hacking or even piracy. I have problems with people violating open source terms and profiting off other people's work.

FYI, SX OS isn't a more stable hack. It uses Atmosphere's code.

It's definitely more user friendly than Atmosphere. What do you know Lacius? You don't use it! You just talk smack and spread disinformation! Surprise Surprise Surprise! OP take any SXOS comments with a grain of salt. Anything that doesn't align with the politics on GBATemp will be met with severe censorship and prejudice. No facts, just lies!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the time of release, which is when I got it, it was much more refined than anything for a long time. Once atmosphere cleaned up, obviously it became obsolete, but I'm not going to do all the work to switch at this point unless I actually have to. So as long as I have the updates, I am okay with it. I think it would have been well worth the cost if we had consistent updates promised for the lifetime of the console.
Atmosphere was functional before the release of SX OS, and SX OS has always used stolen Atmosphere code. You're mistaking signature patches/backup-loading for refinement.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you install SXOS Auto Loader it will let you click on the icon in the normal menu. Making it exactly the same as loading a NSP (Or XCI,NSZ) that was installed with Atmosphere. Except it's on your USB drive and was easier to get on to your Switch....

It's the same AND more versatile than Atmosphere. SXOS issues seem to be with the knowledge of the Atmosphere users...

It's definitely more user friendly than Atmosphere. What do you know Lacius? You don't use it! You just talk smack and spread disinformation! Surprise Surprise Surprise! OP take any SXOS comments with a grain of salt. Anything that doesn't align with the politics on GBATemp will be met with severe censorship and prejudice. No facts, just lies!
I'm not rehashing SX OS debates I've already had a million times. I was asked a question about why SX OS receives rightful derision, and I answered it.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My point was the amount of games.

First of all, I run multiple OS's so there's not preference here. My kids Erista runs Atmosphere. My Mariko and Lite run SXOS. I've used xci loading. I know how it works.

Second of all, my main point, is the amount of games. The only point to xci loading is if you're going to use it with a large collection. Without any sort of folder support, scrolling through 100 of games when you want to play one. I simply don't even keep installed that many games even with a 500gb card. When I'm done with a game, unless the kids are playing it, I delete it.

If it could be organized in some better way, like even how the menu was on the 3DS, it would be worth it. But for me, in my own opinion, it's a waste of time, and I can just install all of the games I play regularly on a large and cheap sd card.

I get it. People love it. But people are getting upset over people having a different opinion on things. I simply gave my opinion.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Atmosphere was functional before the release of SX OS, and SX OS has always used stolen Atmosphere code. You're mistaking signature patches/backup-loading for refinement.

I'm not rehashing SX OS debates I've already had a million times. I was asked a question about why SX OS receives rightful derision, and I answered it.
no I am not mistaking them for refinement. I meant so long as I get my Nintendo updates I am good. I would rather leave it as it is than switch to atmosphere. SXOS was the first to offer an exploit. iirc atmosphere was released much after the intial launch of sx os

SX OS was better first, and was good enough to keep one from desiring more.

Reactions: mikefor20

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no I am not mistaking them for refinement. I meant so long as I get my Nintendo updates I am good. I would rather leave it as it is than switch to atmosphere. SXOS was the first to offer an exploit. iirc atmosphere was released much after the intial launch of sx os

SX OS was better first, and was good enough to keep one from desiring more.
Atmosphere was usable before SX OS was released. If you're specifically referring to features like signature patches and backup loading, SX OS had those first by a few weeks. That was my point.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, like I said, politics.. SXOS users were loading their backups first. Period.

My point was the amount of games.

First of all, I run multiple OS's so there's not preference here. My kids Erista runs Atmosphere. My Mariko and Lite run SXOS. I've used xci loading. I know how it works.

Second of all, my main point, is the amount of games. The only point to xci loading is if you're going to use it with a large collection. Without any sort of folder support, scrolling through 100 of games when you want to play one. I simply don't even keep installed that many games even with a 500gb card. When I'm done with a game, unless the kids are playing it, I delete it.

If it could be organized in some better way, like even how the menu was on the 3DS, it would be worth it. But for me, in my own opinion, it's a waste of time, and I can just install all of the games I play regularly on a large and cheap sd card.

I get it. People love it. But people are getting upset over people having a different opinion on things. I simply gave my opinion.

It doesn't seem like you know how it works. With SXOS Auto Loader, once you have played a game once, IT'S THE SAME AS ATMOSPHERE FOR GAME SELECTION. EXACTLY THE SAME! Including the all apps screen.. Besides that it's much more versatile than you think. SXOS uses ANY USB storage device and can be hot swapped. Everyone can have their own drive if you want less volume. I know 6 year olds who have no issues swapping drives. Also you can use SD readers, I have a WiFi enabled SD card... Works fine. SSD... No reboots, no installs..You can even delete the game icon on the horizon menu and leave the XCI intact on your HDD. Shrinking the list..Get it?

Atmosphere was usable before SX OS was released. If you're specifically referring to features like signature patches and backup loading, SX OS had those first by a few weeks. That was my point.

So, you agree, if you are talking about actual functionality that benefits the end use then SXOS was first. I know you don't mean to be misleading. You and the other Software Justice Warriors just have been bending the facts since the Gateway days. You believe the hype. Drank the Kool-Aid long ago... It's okay. SXOS has advantages. And was first for anyone who wants to do what it was intended to do. USB loading is like sex. It's only unnecessary if you never had it! Or you have a ton of money and time to spend on SD cards and endless installs... Once you try it you wont go back to the previous method willingly. I still think SXOS is WELL WORTH IT.. Even if they never update it from here on out. 5TB HDD, 1TB SSD for on the go and a whole array of SD cards. All without touching the fragile internal slot, installing a damn thing or rebooting best $30 EVER!

IF ATMO USERS WANT TRUE SUPERIORITY, SET UP A USB LOADING SOLUTION EQUAL TO SXOS. MAKE IT SO EASY A CHILD CAN DO IT.

Until then you will always be missing a great feature. Period.

Last edited by mikefor20,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, like I said, politics.. SXOS users were loading their backups first. Period.

It doesn't seem like you know how it works. Once you have played a game once, IT'S THE SAME AS ATMOSPHERE FOR GAME SELECTION. EXACTLY THE SAME! Including the all apps screen.. Besides that it's much more versatile than you think. SXOS uses ANY USB storage device and can be hot swapped. Everyone can have their own drive if you want less volume. I know 6 year olds who have no issues swapping drives. Also you can use SD readers, I have a WiFi enabled SD card... Works fine. SSD... No reboots, no installs..You can even delete the game icon on the horizon menu and leave the XCI intact on your HDD. Shrinking the list..Get it?

So, you agree, if you are talking about actual functionality that benefits the end use then SXOS was first. I know you don't mean to be misleading. You and the other Software Justice Warriors just have been bending the facts since the Gateway days. You believe the hype. Drank the Kool-Aid long ago... It's okay. SXOS has advantages. And was first for anyone who wants to do what it was intended to do. USB loading is like sex. It's only unnecessary if you never had it! Or you have a ton of money and time to spend on SD cards and endless installs... Once you try it you wont go back to the previous method willingly. I still think SXOS is WELL WORTH IT.. Even if they never update it from here on out. 5TB HDD, 1TB SSD for on the go and a whole array of SD cards. All without touching the fragile internal slot, installing a damn thing or rebooting best $30 EVER!

IF ATMO USERS WANT TRUE SUPERIORITY, SET UP A USB LOADING SOLUTION EQUAL TO SXOS. MAKE IT SO EASY A CHILD CAN DO IT.

Until then you will always be missing a great feature. Period.
Nothing in this post is relevant to anything I had to say about SX OS in this thread.

I don't need to be screamed at about your views on SX OS superiority, Grandpa. I've already said I'm not interested in having this argument. Thanks for respecting my wishes. To not do so would be be rude, and it would appear to be a desperate attempt to convince yourself of the thing you're claiming to try to convince me of.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: 2Hack

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing in this post is relevant to anything I had to say about SX OS in this thread.

I don't need to be screamed at about your views on SX OS superiority, Grandpa. I've already said I'm not interested in having this argument. Thanks for respecting my wishes. To not do so would be be rude, and it would appear to be a desperate attempt to convince yourself of the thing you're claiming to try to convince me of.

LOL, 100% relevant to your responses. I am not trying to convince you. I don't care what you think. Your wishes? lol. You don't own the thread. I am stating facts so the thread doesn't get full of garbage information.
Way to wag the dog, Son.

And the only part for you was

"Yeah, like I said, politics.. SXOS users were loading their backups first. Period."

and

"So, you agree, if you are talking about actual functionality that benefits the end use then SXOS was first. I know you don't mean to be misleading. You and the other Software Justice Warriors just have been bending the facts since the Gateway days. You believe the hype. Drank the Kool-Aid long ago... It's okay. SXOS has advantages. And was first for anyone who wants to do what it was intended to do. USB loading is like sex. It's only unnecessary if you never had it! Or you have a ton of money and time to spend on SD cards and endless installs... Once you try it you wont go back to the previous method willingly. I still think SXOS is WELL WORTH IT.. Even if they never update it from here on out. 5TB HDD, 1TB SSD for on the go and a whole array of SD cards. All without touching the fragile internal slot, installing a damn thing or rebooting best $30 EVER!

Until then you will always be missing a great feature. Period."

Screaming? lol Stop bending. And you misquoted again. Whenever SXOS comes up the stolen code thing appears like it makes a difference in functionality. And the Atmo was first thing comes up. It's was first to boot. So what? It was mostly useless unless you wanted broken emulators.

Also resorting to insults again? Just goes to show who is wrong. Please stop with the misinformation. It's sad.

Last edited by mikefor20,
Reactions: bostonBC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1