Hacking XCXGecko Instructions/Help for a Noob

Mastadope

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am new to the hombrew scene regarding the Wii U. So I come here for assistance and help for those who are willing. Anyways what I am inquiring is

1. Can XCXGecko be used on a Wii U that has a FW of 5.5.1 or higher?

2. If XCXGecko can be used on FW 5.5.1 or higher would anyone be willing to list "DETAILED", "ORGANIZED" and "EXACT" steps on how to get the program running and "WORKING".

3. If these questions are already answered (which I assume they are) could anyone link and specify "EVERY" step I would need to do in order to get XCXGecko working?

Thanks to anyone who contributes and helps.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot at the current moment*, and this is probably a post for that original thread but
You'd run the kernel exploit from the browser, with the original modification mapping 0xA0000000 to 0x31000000, and then run the TCPGecko codehandler payload which would install the codehandler into memory and run every time you boot up a game.
You can't boot up "quick load apps" while in Xenoblade tho, going to Friends List or eShop or the Browser, any icon in the start menu will just softlock the system when it tries to load.
I'm not sure how XCXGecko works, you'd find the IP for your Wii U and connect the GUI to it and then you can modify everything
*without MN1's private exploit which most people don't have access to

Mastadope

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Mastadope,

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was reading in this thread

https://gbatemp.net/threads/xcxgecko-xenoblade-chronicles-x-trainer-gui-using-pygecko.406442/page-13

and saw this user on the 13th page got it working but Idk if this pertains to what I'm wanting or if said person did something else?
Yes, that is one of the people that has the private exploit, I ported it to 5.5.X forever ago, you just need permissions to read/write with the kernel. Source code is here https://github.com/wiiudev/pyGecko

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: