Hacking Question XCI Explained

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But SXOS users can still use Atmosphere...

Yeah, but that's nuts. Booting a different CFW because the main one you use is buggy.....why not just use the genuine article (Atmosphere)? Just a strange life decision.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have given no abusive language and you are using the word shill incorrectly.. seems to be a common occurrence with you giving incorrect information.

You post garbage and, when called out on it, accuse others of 'bias' (a meaningless claim, the actual information I provide is accurate) and whine to staff. You want to defend your favorite criminal organization. That's fine. I just post actual truth, and you will have to deal with that.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You post garbage and, when called out on it, accuse others of 'bias' (a meaningless claim, the actual information I provide is accurate) and whine to staff. You want to defend your favorite criminal organization. That's fine. I just post actual truth, and you will have to deal with that.

sounds like the pot calling the kettle black, as well as smells like bullshit.

Reactions: thaikhoa

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Ok I'll call you on your post.. please give examples where I post garbage and am called out on it?

Your ANTI SX OS sentiment has been openly stated many times, so your bias is obvious.

As for your posting truth, that is subjectively something that makes me laugh. You and the regular band of SX OS haters occasionally post things that are technically true (eg: "might or might not release an update") but have little to no accuracy, credence or actual information.

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, but that's nuts. Booting a different CFW because the main one you use is buggy.....why not just use the genuine article (Atmosphere)? Just a strange life decision.
Who cares? Find me some SXOS users who're unhappy having to use more than one CFW or unhappy with these "buggy" issues.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares? Find me some SXOS users who're unhappy having to use more than one CFW or unhappy with these "buggy" issues.

I am not Google as a service. There are major flaws in the SXOS cheat engine (as well as missing things that have a real QOL benefit - like the system being able to self-inject the payload on a reboot/crash) as well as countless bugs. Newer Atmosphere does not have the flaws that SXOS has.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok I'll call you on your post.. please give examples where I post garbage and am called out on it?

Your ANTI SX OS sentiment has been openly stated many times, so your bias is obvious.

As for your posting truth, that is subjectively something that makes me laugh. You and the regular band of SX OS haters occasionally post things that are technically true (eg: "might or might not release an update") but have little to no accuracy, credence or actual information.

I am not going to go through the disaster zone that is your post history and call out specific posts. You would just respond by stating that you disagree that the post is garbage.

Bias is not a factor when the information is factually accurate.

More nonsense from you. When will you give it up?

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not Google as a service. There are major flaws in the SXOS cheat engine (as well as missing things that have a real QOL benefit - like the system being able to self-inject the payload on a reboot/crash) as well as countless bugs. Newer Atmosphere does not have the flaws that SXOS has.

Honestly, noone really gives two shits about atmosphere's extra features. I think atmosphere and kosmos are bloated as hell, and that says a lot because SX used to be king of bloat.

All 99.9% of users care about are ES patches, and things that make putting the ES patches to use easier (USB HDD, easy installer, etc).

Rebooting to payload? SX users dont need that because SX does not crash. Completely worthless to SX OS users.

edit: this post isnt so much to stroke SX, as it is to point out how atmosphere and kosmos are becoming bloated pieces of shit. I expect someone is going to fork and strip eventually.

Last edited by blawar,

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, noone really gives two shits about atmosphere's extra features. I think atmosphere and kosmos are bloated as hell, and that says a lot because SX used to be king of bloat.

All 99.9% of users care about are ES patches, and things that make putting the ES patches to use easier (USB HDD, easy installer, etc).

Rebooting to payload? SX users dont need that because SX does not crash. Completely worthless to SX OS users.

edit: this post isnt so much to stroke SX, as it is to point out how atmosphere and kosmos are becoming bloated pieces of shit. I expect someone is going to fork and strip eventually.

A functioning cheat engine, a sustainable TSEC solution and automatic self-injecting of the payload upon a reboot/crash are genuine features of value. Mounting a cartridge from an external media source (on a portable console...) is not, really. Emunand is useful, but SX emunand is a half-functioning hack job. So I'll take the real deal CFW that SX just copies from really slowly over the copy.

Your 'bloat' comment is nonsensical.

SX crashes all the time. It's just ancient Atmosphere plus DRM. But crashes aren't even the real use case of auto-inject. Any operation that requires a reboot (like a System Update or to copy stuff to mSD) now does not require a dongle. It's just nicer.

Last edited by blahblah,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A functioning cheat engine, a sustainable TSEC solution and automatic self-injecting of the payload upon a reboot/crash are genuine features of value.

Your 'bloat' comment is nonsensical.

SX crashes all the time. It's just older Atmosphere plus DRM. But crashes aren't even the real use case of auto-inject. Any operation that requires a reboot (like a System Update or to copy stuff to mSD) now does not require a dongle. It's just nicer.

Once SX "borrowed" atmosphere 30+ title launch crash, I have had zero crashes on SX that I didnt cause myself. Whenever I use atmosphere, I have stability issues. Especially the latest atmosphere.

I havent removed my SD card in over 8 months, so that isnt a concern to me. Fact is, I never reboot, unless I crash doing dev work. There are a lot of bad thigns about SX, but it is by far the most stable. Part of atmosphere's instability coems from the fact that kosmos likes to just blindly throw shit software are it too. At least SX vets the software they put in there, and makes stability improvements.

SX Cheat engine works fine, however atmosphere absolutely should not haver bundled the cheat engien into the CFW like that. It should have been a separate, modular thing that people could have opted into. the TSEC solution isnt bloat, it isnt een perpetually running, its a boot loader that so im not sure what your point is there. And as ive said before, I do not crash on SX so reboot to payload is not an appealing feature, as it would not be used.

It's ok to question our atmosphere god's, they are humans too. They just need to rein in the bloat. They have other bloat issues too.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once SX "borrowed" atmosphere 30+ title launch crash, I have had zero crashes on SX that I didnt cause myself. Whenever I use atmosphere, I have stability issues. Especially the latest atmosphere.

I havent removed my SD card in over 8 months, so that isnt a concern to me. Fact is, I never reboot, unless I crash doing dev work. There are a lot of bad thigns about SX, but it is by far the most stable. Part of atmosphere's instability coems from the fact that kosmos likes to just blindly throw shit software are it too. At least SX vets the software they put in there, and makes stability improvements.

SX Cheat engine works fine, however atmosphere absolutely should not haver bundled the cheat engien into the CFW like that. It should have been a separate, modular thing that people could have opted into. the TSEC solution isnt bloat, it isnt een perpetually running, its a boot loader that so im not sure what your point is there. And as ive said before, I do not crash on SX so reboot to payload is not an appealing feature, as it would not be used.

It's ok to question our atmosphere god's, they are humans too. They just need to rein in the bloat. They have other bloat issues too.

Don't know what to tell you. SX crashes a good amount of the time. Bugs fixed in current Atmosphere are not fixed in SX OS, because SX OS is all out-of-date stuff.

Stop talking about Kosmos. That's a random collection of junk put together by GBAtempers. Atmosphere = the release.zip on the Atmosphere Github + the SigPatches posted on GBAtemp. That's it.

SX cheat engine has well documented issues that are not present in Atmosphere's cheat engine. Look around.

Yeah, no, there is no benefit to separating out each piece of functionality.

When I say 'a sustainable solution to TSEC' I mean 'having actually owned TSEC in a way that is not patchable by Nintendo' as opposed to attacking a Switch running Sept in hopes of extracting the keys, so you can bundle them in your for-pay CFW.

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Like I said before. Find me some SXOS users who have a problem with these issues and are unhappy with SXOS. All you’re talking about is things that no one really cares about.
And also, SXOS users can still use Atmosphere if they want to, so what’s the big deal?

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said before. Find me some SXOS users who have a problem with these issues and are unhappy with SXOS. All you’re talking about is things that no one really cares about.
And also, SXOS users can still use Atmosphere if they want to, so what’s the big deal?

I refer you back to my post.

"I am not Google as a service."

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know what to tell you. SX crashes a good amount of the time. Bugs fixed in current Atmosphere are not fixed in SX OS.

Stop talking about Kosmos. That's a random collection of junk put together by GBAtempers. Atmosphere = the release.zip on the Atmosphere Github + the SigPatches posted on GBAtemp. That's it.

SX cheat engine has well documented issues that are not present in Atmosphere's cheat engine. Look around.

Yeah, no, there is no benefit to separating out each piece of functionality.

When I say 'a sustainable solution to TSEC' I mean 'having actually owned TSEC in a way that is not patchable by Nintendo' as opposed to attacking a Switch running Sept in hopes of extracting the keys, so you can bundle them in your for-pay CFW.

I admit the cheat stuff is not appealing to me, so you're more than likely right about that. All people really want is ES patches, title installers, and USB HDD though. Scires doesnt care what people really want, he does what scires wants, which isnt a knock against him, that's human nature.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I admit the cheat stuff is not appealing to me, so you're more than likely right about that. All people really want is ES patches, title installers, and USB HDD though. Scires doesnt care what people really want, he does what scires wants, which isnt a knock against him, that's human nature.

ES and FS patches. Not everyone is a purist, a substantial amount of people want to install XCI conversions. Games that leaked early from a cartridge source or what-have-you.

The USB HDD thing isn't actually a thing that 'people' want. It's a thing that a handful of people who post in SX threads on GBAtemp want. It's an extremely questionably useful thing with a narrow audience.

People want to be able to boot current FW. As the Atmosphere people have a forever-pwn of TSEC, Atmosphere is in a good position to support whatever FW comes next. SX is not. TX just attacks Switches running Sept in hopes of extracting keys. That's not so sustainable, that's a cat and mouse game.

Last edited by blahblah,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The USB HDD thing isn't actually a thing that 'people' want. It's a thing that a handful of people who post in SX threads on GBAtemp want. It's an extremely questionably useful thing with a narrow audience.

People want to be able to boot current FW. As the Atmosphere people have a forever-pwn of TSEC, Atmosphere is in a good position to support whatever FW comes next. SX is not. TX just attacks Switches running Sept in hopes of extracting keys. That's not so sustainable, that's a cat and mouse game.

I don't know enough to know what SX does, and does not do to make their CFW. However I agree #1 is always to run unsigned code, then #2 is ES patches et all. The rest is bullshit.

Mark my words though, once goldleaf has USB support, everyone will be like "wtf? I love USB HDD installs now!". People hate and diminish the significance of USB HDD only because its currently exclusive to SX. USB HDD support is a solid #3. You have to understand that 99% of the switch scene are actually retarded normies. And USB HDD is the easiest way for retarded normies to move files. The Gbatemp echo chamber is not the real world.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know enough to know what SX does, and does not do to make their CFW. However I agree #1 is always to run unsigned code, then #2 is ES patches et all. The rest is bullshit.

Mark my words though, once goldleaf has USB support, everyone will be like "wtf? I love USB HDD installs now!". People hate and diminish the significance of USB HDD only because its currently exclusive to SX. USB HDD support is a solid #3. You have to understand that 99% of the switch scene are actually retarded normies. And USB HDD is the easiest way for retarded normies to move files. The Gbatemp echo chamber is not the real world.

Don't forget FS patches. XCI conversions (games that leaked pre-retail from a cartridge source) are a real thing that people like.

I really, really doubt it. Copying from a PC to a USB device and attaching that USB device to the Switch to install takes more time than installing directly from a computer. It's just common sense. Has nothing to do with what CFW has what.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021