Hacking Xci ban risk

TheRedRacon79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I play a xci with no cert in airplane mode is there a risk to get banned when I go back online with a normal cartridge

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
There is always the possibility of getting banned using non-Nintendo approved methods. It's that simple. Sure the risk is smaller with personal dumps (we think), but we can't be sure.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Why can't people understand that as soon as you do homebrew/piracy/legit dumps/CFW/good ol' tinkerin' 'round, you ALWAYS have a chance to be banned?
Don't go hoping for loopholes now, don't argue, because no one knows really how Nintendo decides if a system is to be banned.
every week i see 5 NEW threads about ban risks or ways of avoiding it.
This is f*cking stupid.

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't people understand that as soon as you do homebrew/piracy/legit dumps/CFW/good ol' tinkerin' 'round, you ALWAYS have a chance to be banned?
Don't go hoping for loopholes now, don't argue, because no one knows really how Nintendo decides if a system is to be banned.
every week i see 5 NEW threads about ban risks or ways of avoiding it.
This is f*cking stupid.

I just heard updating your games while holding the switch upsidedown prevents bans, can you comment on this new breakthrough?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
If I play a xci with no cert in airplane mode is there a risk to get banned when I go back online with a normal cartridge
Your best bet to avoid a ban is to inject a certificate into the xci with xci explorer, if its a Type 1 title then use an extracted certificate from Legend of Zelda Breath of Wild, if it's Card 2 use Wolfenstein just make sure both are your own personal certificates from an owned physical retail version "not rented" and always get your points and boot/play in ofw from the cartridges before extracting and using the certs. Also never think about using an xci before release date that's just silly!

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu