'XBOX ONE' ANNOUNCED!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'll be one of the guys here that's really Hyped for the new Xbox. I was really impressed with what I saw~
If I had to chose between the ps4 or Xbox1, base on what we saw, (even without the slight bias) I'll chose the Ps4.

They haven't shown us real gameplay videos (not that I remember Sony did) and honestly it's too "everything" focus. Too much devices. I can't imagine they will be cheap to buy or repair if something happens. Even if the online may be better, I still didn't want to pay for online.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
omg its actually a box , that plays tv . Another new console another new COD , same shit different launch. And meh to NFL:) . Surely the arm waving minority report style control is an option .. right ?

The chick that introduced speilberg got my attention !!!!!

Gabbynaruto

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
HEY, NEW HALO TV SERIES! YAY!

Seriously now, that was soooo boring. I watched the PS4 conference, and I was getting more hyped with every video. This time, I was getting closer to sleep with every new minute. So, they have a console that looks ugly as hell (the box, I mean, the round shapes of the X360 were beautiful, this thing looks just awful), with a name that makes me wonder what they were thinking (and people were complaining about Nintendo, Microsoft is at their third console and they call it XBox 1... pure genius), whose biggest focus is TV (FREAKIN' TV... seriously Microsoft, just leave the gaming industry alone and go make a telecommunication subdivision... you suck at understanding what a gaming console means) and Kinect (which I still see as a huge failure with a lot of potential under the hood, even at this second version). Great.

So, let me think of the pluses of this console... Well, the controller still looks pretty similar to it's predecessor (though the design looks uglier)... They have a new IP, so, it makes me want to watch their E3 conference to know more about it. ...And, that's about it? I mean, gaming related, I'm hyped for the Halo TV series.

Well, nothing interesting about the NextBox. Time to look somewhere else (hello Sony!)

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, lets sum how next gen is gonna be...

Xbox One - to watch tv and all that social network BS
Wii U - to play Nintendo games
PS4 - to play everything else

Reactions: weavile001

crysalim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new controller dpad was the highlight of the show for me: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-controller-has-new-d-pad-integrated-battery-compartmen/

That cross dpad is Nintendo style, iow the best dpad of all time. I might get one of the controllers just for my pc games.

So far it looks like PS4 and XB1 have nothing on their plate, but I am holding out hope. I want to see a new Heavy Rain on PS4 (that is a day 1 buy for me) or an even better xbox live arcade on XB1 (the reason I got the 360).

crysalim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the problem everyone has with all its social and tv features. You'd be surprised how well that's going to help it guys.
It's literally the "all in ONE box"
I mean, who wouldn't be tempted to buy a system that
Plays next gen games
Has social integration
Has tv functionality.
Sounds tempting to me.
A lot of y'all seem to have missed the fact that its also getting 15 exclusives, 8 of which are completely new franchises. E3 is in 14 days or so, and I am STOKED to watch more Xbox stuff.

EDIT: But even I admit that the name is probably the biggest blunder since Wii U. I mean, I get why they named it that but... Just no...

Reactions: TripleSMoon

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like most people are, with a little Nintendo sprinkled in here and there
I know this isn't e3, but this reveal actually push me more into getting a ps4 earlier than I expected.

Well, I guess we see what the lineup is.
Didn't the Xbox 360 have a lot of exclusives and then stop caring about them as much down the line?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ