'XBOX ONE' ANNOUNCED!

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My humble opinion on the Xbox One, I mean the Xbox after the 360, not the first one (you get my point): Meh. I feel that focus is shifted away from games to general entertainment stuff. In a sense, it devalues games while contrary the Wii U adds value to games for being a games only device.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This thread was a fun read about doom and stuff. Because waiting for an actual release to see how things are handled, how well the system works, and what games it brings to the table is for lazy people.

Really I'm interest in the system, and will be more interested when they actually show games for it. Certainly not a first year buy though, as with any system. Though I do kinda wanna watch the halo TV series..

Reactions: chavosaur

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Relevant to the thread:
tumblr_lmg9idcDu11qzrlhgo1_r1_400.gif

,everyone is mad about the new xbox....
:rofl2: :rofl2:

I wish I could like this a hundred times! Usually I snip images when I quote posts but this one deserves to stay :)

I was really looking forward to this announcement but I was let down big time. Have they sunk the ship before it even set sail?

I'm calling this the "ex-box".

EDIT: Sorry for all the negativity but I was REALLY disappointed. I'll get over it :P

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Consoles didn't even have their main games yet (two aren't even out yet) and people are worry they are going to die? Wait until sometime after the exclusives come out and then see if you have to worry. I can understand being impatient and wanting the games out, but to jump to that conclusion is a bit too much.

Consumer: ONE?Hmmmmm, maybe 360 has all features. *Buys 360*
Ic what you did there.

I'm calling this the "EA-box".
:tpi:

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How much of this is different spec-wise from the PS4?
Looks like lazy devs will avoid the Wii U even more now since the other two and PC are basically almost the same.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me so far, we got new games consoles with varying gimmicks ..

WiiU - gamepad
PS4 - Backwards compatability over cloud
XB1 - Minority report type set top box

only the wii u has real backwards compatability, for the ps4 you have to re-buy your games for them to work in it

It clearly ran Metro-like Apps, so maybe those are the ones that will be released for it.

OMG Metroo apps are the best! day one buy for me! not...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Microsoft has completely forgotten the fact that one day the Xbox One will be as old as the NES is today.. And that you won't be able to buy the games new making the console MASSIVE paper weight, Good job M$
Such things have been considered for media players and DRM there (even had it come to pass once or twice), fortunately consoles are usually left hacked 9 ways before all was said and done though I have a few reservations about this current lot. In some ways I would hope they would say "here are the keys to the kingdom" if it should happen though, I know I am rarely the optimist but I am in this case.

I was going more with http://freesatbox.net/images/SKYPLUS2.jpeg

Honestly don't even know what you're getting at here. I pointed out how already existing solutions can be superior, and you're seemingly agreeing with me - but your tone makes it sound like you don't (?).
I did
Smart TVs are anything but. I have yet to see one with a web browser above android level and not even close to a real browser, the UIs are usually terrible and just bleh on all of it really.

"the -current- consoles"
Agreed they are nicer than you might expect, still awful in terms of format support, container support, a lot of non "big boy" streaming support (poke around XBMC some time for all the random radio stations), bad for youtube let alone something more exotic like vimeo, blip or such and it goes on.

media centers
AppleTV and Windows media player are actually not bad, still nothing compared to a proper PC though. If you mean the media hard drives then granted they are often better than current consoles but current consoles are nothing special.

Wireless sharing servers
I am a fan of the consumer level NAS if for no other reason than I have actually seen regular people take backups without prompting. Still got SMB, got wireless then you have that. Given I have had wireless for years and SMB for longer. upnp is anything but and DLNA is a joke.

The short version is even though the PC is not ideal if I hold it as a gold standard the rest of the consumer market has vast vast scope for improvement. To that end the xbox one (I am so not going to get used to typing "the one" in any time soon, that said one should use your one .....) could well find itself with a decent market much like the PS3 did OK as a blu ray player. That said got to love the raspberry pi (built a few in recent weeks) and I am looking at the ouya if it will have a native XBMC and not the ho hum android XBMC.

Reactions: crysalim

BAHIM Z 360

B-but I'm not a new member :(
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Now let's wait for it to get HACKED :creep:

But seriously they decide to name it Xbox One? (I thought they might name it Xbox Infinity from that logo)

It sounded like they are referring it to the original Xbox to me.

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID KINECT BULLCRAP :wtf:

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Only one thing about 4K support, is it even practical right now, while yeah you can play a BD disc with 4K support but streaming would be hassle almost anywhere with bandwidth caps still existing, you're talking about 100 GB+ streaming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16