Hacking xbox one administrative mode info

pharrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i realize my single post doesn't carry any weight but i wanted to share my discoveries and that i spent the last 24 hours working with the escalated privileges on my xbox and here's what i learned:

Apps installed through powershell with a custom made admin account are not visible from the devkit system ui. you can literally hide apps this way, they would also have full admin privileges

making either the defaultaccount or devusertools account (im not sure which, i had done both) an administrator initiates a failsafe upon reboot, the console will start shutting it self off after just booting into devkit mode. i had to quickly remove administrator while the console was booting up into dev mode to stop that from happening. save yourself a headache, dont try it. =)

sftp works from a custom made root account, no extra software needed. you can transfer files over sftp protocol and access them via telnet/ssh (this includes full access to the file system and partitions when using administrator account)

you can also read discs in the blue ray drive over sftp including your games. the drive letter is O.

if you login to your microsoft account on the devkit, it creates a a hidden folder that you cant see on sftp, you have to go to U:/users then manually open the folder in the addressbar called "usermgr0"

this leads me to believe there are more hidden folders, including the location of where games are installed to.

hope this helps anyone in the community. and feel free to share your own discoveries if any. =)

D

Deleted User

Games aren't visible and not accessible in developer mode. They aren't hidden. Games by default would be under S:\Program Files\WindowsApps in retail. Other than that I'm happy people are peaking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.