one lazy schmo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
My trial of XBOX Live ran out recently and therefore, I'm about to buy a one-year subscription. However, I
need more information, before I do so. Using www.xbox.com, I could get a subscription for about 15$ less (no shipping), but
I'm not sure if they automatically renew the subscription after a year. I don't want that. I see the only way to cancel it is by
calling Microsoft Support Center, which is out of the question for me:

1) Unless I can get unbanned from VoipCheap and similar services, I can't afford to call in the States;
2) XBOX Live isn't supported in my country and therefore, I'm using a fake address;
3) I have a horrible English accent;

I wouldn't have a problem with it if the credit card was mine, but it isn't.
The prepaid card, on the other hand, solves this problem but in the end, I'll have to wait for it to arrive in the mail
and I'll have to pay a bit more (taxes & shipping).

So, is there a way to get rid of automatic renewal, but still use a credit card? Thanks.
wink.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I used a pre-paid card last year, but I saved 42.5% on the retail price getting it from eBay, not only that the code was emailed to me. You may want to consider that.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Definitely go with the pre-paid card. I've heard horror stories about xbox automatically charging your credit card again once your subscription is up. Getting them to stop is nigh impossible apparently.

pre-paid all the way.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Sorry to double-post, but I have another question:

Are the prepaid cards regionfree? I don't want to end up with a Japanese card to use with my US account on a PAL console ...
wink.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AFAIK they aren't regionfree, you will need a US card for a US account.
But the accounts can be used anywhere in the world, so you can use a US account on a PAL or Japanese console.

kreatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
True, you'll need a pre-paid card for your specific region. I've tried the CC method in the past, but if you live in a country that doesn't officially have XBOX Live, you're pretty much screwed. As was I!
wtf.gif
Look for a pre-paid card on eBay. Cheaper and faster - I've done it quite a few times. Just check feedback etc. before bidding...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill