Gaming Xbox Live experiencing "issues" again...

JKR Firefox

Back.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So, I went to login to Live today for a game of NHL 08 before work. It's almost like a ritual now. Anywho, logging into Live gets me in, but nowhere else. It either stays perpetually on a "Searching for game..." screen or boots me from the game entirely. Shitty. Checking on the internet got me this: http://kotaku.com/338734/poor-canada-and-t...sted-xbox-live-[update]. Great. Soon, Microsoft will owe me over a month of Live with all of the time I lose due to upgrades and Halo 3 and whatnot.

Is anyone else having this issue? Going to the xbox.com website just makes it even more frustrating as it shows Live up and running. But I know it isn't.

~Fitzy~

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been having issues with COD4 as well. Trying to get a stable game of Team Deathmatch for my squad was like pulling teeth the other night. We tried Hardcore Team Deathmatch, and all was well though. This leads me to believe there's just a surge in "after Christmas" users. I'm sure there's a big influx of people new to live, and the popular games are getting hit the hardest. I'm in the US by the way, so don't feel too singled out. Hopefully Microsoft will use some of it's profits to beef up their servers, and all this will level out soon. In the meantime, Hardcore Team Deathmatch kinda rocks.
happy.gif

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me 3 for COD4. Actually my whole 360 is messin up. I turn it on and sign in and it still says to connect to xbox live no matter how many time I sign in. It lets me sign in when I start a game. It won't let me do anything in COD4 though, I can't even join other peoples' games. It keeps saying you must have an active network connection when I already do. uggggggg, this is annoying.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Me 3 for COD4. Actually my whole 360 is messin up. I turn it on and sign in and it still says to connect to xbox live no matter how many time I sign in. It lets me sign in when I start a game. It won't let me do anything in COD4 though, I can't even join other peoples' games. It keeps saying you must have an active network connection when I already do. uggggggg, this is annoying.
Samesies. Does anybody have any speculations as to when this will be ironed out?

JKR Firefox

Back.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
qj.net is reporting MS is only now "looking into the issue" and "things are getting better and better". WTF. Here's the link if anyone would like to read: http://www.qj.net/Xbox-Live-service-update...g/49/aid/110670.

If you've been keeping tabs on the intermittent problems the Xbox Live service has been experiencing lately, well we're sad to say things haven't really improved much since then. However, Major Nelson has updated his blog reassuring gamers that the Operations Team will be working non-stop until the issue has finally been resolved.

The official Xbox website support page noted that the Live service status was "up and running", although with a disclaimer that users may still be experience problems logging into the service. This was confirmed by Xbox Live's director of programming Larry Hryb (a.k.a. Major Nelson) on his Xbox blog recently, admitting that such problems were "not acceptable" and that their team is currently working to resolving the issue.

If you want to take a look at the direct quote taken from his blog, here it is:

You may have noticed that the LIVE service has been having a few issues over the past few days. This includes things like signing in, matchmaking and account recovery. Not everyone has had problems, but I know some of you have and I wanted to give you and update. While the service was never completely offline, problems like this are not acceptable. The entire LIVE team has been working day and night to ensure that you can have a great LIVE experience. While we’re not done yet, I wanted to let you know that things are getting better each hour and that no one on the team is going anywhere until the job is done. Thanks for your patience.

In any case, we seriously hope they get this issue fixed as soon as possible considering the backlog of holiday gamers who are itching to get those online matches up and running.
UNQUOTE

They had better get their acts together soon. I can't log into anything now. Even when sitting at the Xbox Dashboard, all I get is a whirling circle of death. The only solution is to disconnect your Xbox 360 from Live and wait until this blows over.

Edit: I feel bad for the gamers who got their Xboxes over Christmas and can't connect either. Must be even worse for them to get a brand new system, attempt to get online, and fail. Sucks for them but us Xboxers are used to it by now.

~Fitzy~

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow I'm glad to see I aint the only one with this problem. Recently I've been turning on my 360, tried connecting to Live and like 30secs later after watching the loading screen on my Xbox dashboard (which shows on marketplace, xbox live and games) it finally says 'X friends have signed in'... still showing the loading screen... then it says 'can't connect to messenger'. Luckily Live sometimes works when I try creating a match in the Paradise demo but even then I was still having some problems like the console crashing, all cuz of Live. Even someone who joined my game kept disconnecting and rejoining.

JKR Firefox

Back.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well problems seem to have stopped as of last night...

I thought so too, but apparently the issues are still ongoing. I went to my Xbox to check and sure enough, same damn problem. Either the Dashboard sits there doing nothing forever and ever or it logs me into Live and then starts kicking me out over and over.

People are starting to get pissed off about this now: http://www.qj.net/Xbox-Live-still-problema...g/49/aid/110768. Everyone is starting to ask for compensation which I believe is only fair. Two weeks of this shit now. Fuck yeah. Free MS points and extra months of Live for all!!!

~Fitzy~

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didnt realy had any problems with live anyways but it seems that m$ is releasing a free arcade game to compensate the problem.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1