Xbox HDMI model question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by pcgeek52, Apr 14, 2013.

1. pcgeek52
    OP

pcgeek52 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2013
    United States
    Nashville, Tennessee
    I had a 60GB unopened console and I got the rrod and this console which i know had never been opened and tampered with as I purchased it had no torq screws on the bottom but little red arrows pointing to where they should have been. I have opened a non-hdmi360 but not an hdmi console are there no torq screws in the HDMI model?

2. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    All Phat 360s as well as Slim have Torx screws in them. Are you 100% that the 360 couldn't have been opened?

3. pcgeek52
    OP

pcgeek52 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2013
    United States
    Nashville, Tennessee
    100% I bought it when my first console went bad and never messed with it I am so confused as to how it ever worked. This sounds crazy but I thought maybe these consoles had something else there where little red arrows pointing to the holes where I have seen the torq screws on non hdmi models and I broke the warranty seal today so I dont think it was opened by anone but me.

4. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    And you bought it new from the store? People are able to get replacement warranty seals to slap on those 360s.

5. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    unbroken warranty seal doesnt mean much
    all you need is a hair dryer to remove it without voiding it or you can purchase a brand new seal on ebay