Xbox HDMI model question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by pcgeek52, Apr 14, 2013.

Apr 14, 2013

Xbox HDMI model question by pcgeek52 at 6:21 AM (487 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. pcgeek52
    OP

Newcomer pcgeek52 Newbie

United States
    I had a 60GB unopened console and I got the rrod and this console which i know had never been opened and tampered with as I purchased it had no torq screws on the bottom but little red arrows pointing to where they should have been. I have opened a non-hdmi360 but not an hdmi console are there no torq screws in the HDMI model?

2. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    All Phat 360s as well as Slim have Torx screws in them. Are you 100% that the 360 couldn't have been opened?

3. pcgeek52
    OP

Newcomer pcgeek52 Newbie

United States
    100% I bought it when my first console went bad and never messed with it I am so confused as to how it ever worked. This sounds crazy but I thought maybe these consoles had something else there where little red arrows pointing to the holes where I have seen the torq screws on non hdmi models and I broke the warranty seal today so I dont think it was opened by anone but me.

4. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    And you bought it new from the store? People are able to get replacement warranty seals to slap on those 360s.

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    unbroken warranty seal doesnt mean much
    all you need is a hair dryer to remove it without voiding it or you can purchase a brand new seal on ebay