Gaming Xbox and modchips question

HazukiSon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please advise on the best mod solution for 360 to play original backups and imports.
I have been tormenting over a chip or simple firmware update for a long time now. I know the firmware updates are usually recommended, but I worry about the sudden banning that may occur. I like the control of a physical switch to turn on or off.

My ultimate goal is to have a 360 that can play backups and original NSTC-J imports and go online with ORIGINAL games safely.

These people have a custom mod with a chip they flashed, a physical switch for on/off and ability to play imports.
http://www.covetime.com/modshopplace...products_id=59
Does anyone know what they are using/doing in this mod? Is there a tutorial available?

To do this I have looked at all the chips and firmwares, but having a hitachi/LG drive I worry about the microscopic soldering points for the chips. I prefer the Infectus 2 and the Globe 360 V2, but have had bad reviews when being installed on a hitachi/LG using the "easy-connects". Are chips really better than firmware updates? If so, which is preferable for an older hitachi/LG drive?

I also looked into getting a BLASTER 360 NE or XENO TOP GEAR, but could not decide which to choose. If price doesn't matter, which is more functional? I know the XENO TOP GEAR doesn't boot into Mode B which is annoying but it does give the option of HDD access. If I used the XENO TOP GEAR to access my files could I upload backups of songs and packs for guitar hero and rock band that I have on my computer? If not I think the BLASTER 360 NE is more convenient.

Since I don't use LIVE extremely often, if I were to choose the firmware updates and get the XENO TOP GEAR or BLASTER 360, could I just change the firmware from iXtreme to the original firmware every-time I go on LIVE?

Please respond with advice, because I am sure others will benefit from this information. Thank you very much!

Saw this on tehsheen just wondered if anyone knew the answer as i would like to know myself

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HazukiSon said:
Please advise on the best mod solution for 360 to play original backups and imports.
I have been tormenting over a chip or simple firmware update for a long time now. I know the firmware updates are usually recommended, but I worry about the sudden banning that may occur. I like the control of a physical switch to turn on or off.

My ultimate goal is to have a 360 that can play backups and original NSTC-J imports and go online with ORIGINAL games safely.

You're never going to get your ultimate goal. None of the chips will let you play region locked imports. Nothing will , region free ones will play , but nothing to do with the chip , they would play on any box. Chip is no safer for online than a firmware flash , it isn't the firmware they detect , it's bad copies.

HazukiSon said:
These people have a custom mod with a chip they flashed, a physical switch for on/off and ability to play imports.
http://www.covetime.com/modshopplace...products_id=59
Does anyone know what they are using/doing in this mod? Is there a tutorial available?

From the look of the small pics , one is just the nme , the other is just a standard dual firmware mod. Hacked on external flash chip , original firmware on drive. Switch to go between them. Just google for dual firmware mods and you should find some info , but most people have abandoned doing it , as there is no point.

HazukiSon said:
To do this I have looked at all the chips and firmwares, but having a hitachi/LG drive I worry about the microscopic soldering points for the chips. I prefer the Infectus 2 and the Globe 360 V2, but have had bad reviews when being installed on a hitachi/LG using the "easy-connects". Are chips really better than firmware updates? If so, which is preferable for an older hitachi/LG drive?

No , no they are not. Firmware update is better and recommended. Only people who recommend the chips are the installers who want to make money. Firmware does everything a chip does. Also chips like the nme can't fully utilize stealth backups and you have to patch all your games as well.

QUOTE(HazukiSon @ Nov 24 2008, 09:29 AM)
I also looked into getting a BLASTER 360 NE or XENO TOP GEAR, but could not decide which to choose. If price doesn't matter, which is more functional? I know the XENO TOP GEAR doesn't boot into Mode B which is annoying but it does give the option of HDD access. If I used the XENO TOP GEAR to access my files could I upload backups of songs and packs for guitar hero and rock band that I have on my computer? If not I think the BLASTER 360 NE is more convenient.

Since I don't use LIVE extremely often, if I were to choose the firmware updates and get the XENO TOP GEAR or BLASTER 360, could I just change the firmware from iXtreme to the original firmware every-time I go on LIVE?

They both do pretty much the same thing. Neither is worth getting. Firmware isn't updated enough to make getting one worthwhile , for the few times it's done , just open the 360. Game back up, it's easier to just use a kreon drive. If you want hdd access , there are various cheaper adapters out there. As for uploading rock band or guitar hero tracks to the hdd , pretty sure you can't.

As for changing back to original firmware before going on live , you could but it's a total waste of time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: