Xbox and modchips question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by HazukiSon, Nov 24, 2008.

1. HazukiSon
    OP

HazukiSon Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2008
    United States
    Please advise on the best mod solution for 360 to play original backups and imports.
    I have been tormenting over a chip or simple firmware update for a long time now. I know the firmware updates are usually recommended, but I worry about the sudden banning that may occur. I like the control of a physical switch to turn on or off.

My ultimate goal is to have a 360 that can play backups and original NSTC-J imports and go online with ORIGINAL games safely.

These people have a custom mod with a chip they flashed, a physical switch for on/off and ability to play imports.
    http://www.covetime.com/modshopplace...products_id=59
    Does anyone know what they are using/doing in this mod? Is there a tutorial available?

To do this I have looked at all the chips and firmwares, but having a hitachi/LG drive I worry about the microscopic soldering points for the chips. I prefer the Infectus 2 and the Globe 360 V2, but have had bad reviews when being installed on a hitachi/LG using the "easy-connects". Are chips really better than firmware updates? If so, which is preferable for an older hitachi/LG drive?

I also looked into getting a BLASTER 360 NE or XENO TOP GEAR, but could not decide which to choose. If price doesn't matter, which is more functional? I know the XENO TOP GEAR doesn't boot into Mode B which is annoying but it does give the option of HDD access. If I used the XENO TOP GEAR to access my files could I upload backups of songs and packs for guitar hero and rock band that I have on my computer? If not I think the BLASTER 360 NE is more convenient.

Since I don't use LIVE extremely often, if I were to choose the firmware updates and get the XENO TOP GEAR or BLASTER 360, could I just change the firmware from iXtreme to the original firmware every-time I go on LIVE?

Please respond with advice, because I am sure others will benefit from this information. Thank you very much!

Saw this on tehsheen just wondered if anyone knew the answer as i would like to know myself

2. Prime

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
    To play backups on the 360 you have to flash the DVD Drive

3. HazukiSon
    OP

HazukiSon Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2008
    United States
    Thats one way you, can however use older modchips with a on/off switch which is what i'm asking about

4. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    They both do pretty much the same thing. Neither is worth getting. Firmware isn't updated enough to make getting one worthwhile , for the few times it's done , just open the 360. Game back up, it's easier to just use a kreon drive. If you want hdd access , there are various cheaper adapters out there. As for uploading rock band or guitar hero tracks to the hdd , pretty sure you can't.

As for changing back to original firmware before going on live , you could but it's a total waste of time.

5. HazukiSon
    OP

HazukiSon Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2008
    United States
    Cheers for that mate wonder if the guy actually had it answered on the other forums haha