Gaming XBOX 360 shuts down while loading GTA V?

CrabHead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sorry it might be a wrong category to ask in but anyway here's goes my problem
i used iso2god, got the game on my usb stick then booted it up. Everything's fine until you reach the loading screen. the console turns off after sometime. this is starting to get annoying, i think i tried everything thats possible. i just want play some gta v on x360.
If someone says that im using a usb stick and thats why, then this usb stick could handle gta iv so i dont see any reason on why it cant handle gta 5
im using a FAT Falcon Xbox 360, using RGH 2.0 For the usb stick, Im using a Toshiba 32gb one. Why im not using a hard drive? well the hardrive has 14gb, gta requires atleast 16,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like a fatal crash. there are two fatal crash options in dashlaunch: fatalfreeze and fatalreboot. as the names suggest, they do one or the other if it encounters a fatal crash. if both are set to false, shutting down may be what it does (not sure). I have fatalfreeze set as false and fatalreboot set as true (though this has never happened). I'd try another usb stick or an hdd or a jtag rip (use exiso or I recommend it anyway).

edit: it sounds like a bad rip or conversion to me, especially if it shutsdown at the same point each time.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Use folder rips, Don't use GOD games unless you need to (Remember Me is such a game as it contains illegal characters in some filenames)
Also double check your dashlaunch settings to see if fatalfreeze/fatalreboot are set to true or false.
I'd keep fatalreboot to true and fatalfreeze to false.

As for using a pendrive.
I'd recommend against it, piss poor perfomances if you use a bog standard USB.
Get a external SSD/HDD or upgrade the internal HDD, since you got a RGH, you can upgrade it to a 2TB drive.

edit: I've ran through GTA5 on 360 a few times and I haven't encountered a single problem related to the game on it.

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you have latest TU of the game? If not, install it and see if still happens.

@DinohScene Why use folder rips? I've always used only god games. Any benefits other than mod possibility?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's a title update problem, he can find the TU on xbox unity, which I think FSD and Aurora will download from automatically. it's been a while since I've done that, but they go in the 000B0000 folder of the title id folder for the game. it depends on the game whether god or rip is better. some games only work as one or the other, but the vast majority work as either one (i.e. doesn't matter).

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Folder rips don't require on the fly decryption/extraction, it's marginally faster.
Together with modding capabilities, it's the preferred choice for me and seems to be the preferred format for distributed games (aside from ISO images)

As for TU's, FSD doesn't auto download it unless you have it linked with a Unity account.
That being said, one can easily download TU's on their PC and copy them with 360 content manager to the 360.
No need to manually move it to the correct folder, the application does it automatically.

Idk why more aren't using it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why I don't use it. I have it on my laptop, but I usually just do it manually anyway. that's how I know how a lot of sub folders are named. ;) I haven't added something to my 360 in quite some time, so I might use it if I ever do again. I probably need some updates for my games (haven't really looked).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if gta 5 actually requires both discs or not. the second disc could be dlc. if it has a content folder, you can copy it to the internal hdd. also, a jtag rip will get rid of the padding. I think this is true of god games too, so they won't be the same size as the iso.

CrabHead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
from what i read, there are 2, 1st is install and 2nd is play, you put the content folder from the disc 1 to your hard drive or pendrive or whatever and copy the entire 2nd disc to the drive where is the disc 1 content and launch it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021