Xbox 360 replacement housings

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Sicklyboy, Aug 2, 2012.

Aug 2, 2012
  1. Sicklyboy
    OP

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Anyone know the best place to get replacement housings for an Xbox 360 non-slim? DealExtreme sells them, but they're a bit expensive, and pretty much in line with Amazon's prices. I found a website called tradingmic.com through Google, which is selling the one I'd like (clear transparent case) for $12 cheaper than DX. It's another China-based site. Does anyone have any experience with this place? I've only been able to find two reviews, both were bad, but not indicative of a complete scam - one review said that the product description was wrong, place wouldn't refund money; other said that the site listed item as in stock, item wasn't, site refunded money.

I tend to be very wary about buying from foreign sites like this. The price difference is enough to make me want to though. Do you guys think I should go for it?

http://www.tradingmic.com/crystal-clear-full-housing-replacement-part-for-microsoft-xbox-360-console_p7155.html?zenid=dee7885b4447c58bd8c4b31b7377543b is the one I am looking at.

2. chains_of_androm

Member chains_of_androm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I suggest ponying up the extra cash and get it from somewhere trustworthy like amazon, much less chance of headaches.