Xbox 360 replacement housings

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Sicklyboy, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Sicklyboy
    OP

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Anyone know the best place to get replacement housings for an Xbox 360 non-slim? DealExtreme sells them, but they're a bit expensive, and pretty much in line with Amazon's prices. I found a website called tradingmic.com through Google, which is selling the one I'd like (clear transparent case) for $12 cheaper than DX. It's another China-based site. Does anyone have any experience with this place? I've only been able to find two reviews, both were bad, but not indicative of a complete scam - one review said that the product description was wrong, place wouldn't refund money; other said that the site listed item as in stock, item wasn't, site refunded money.

I tend to be very wary about buying from foreign sites like this. The price difference is enough to make me want to though. Do you guys think I should go for it?

http://www.tradingmic.com/crystal-clear-full-housing-replacement-part-for-microsoft-xbox-360-console_p7155.html?zenid=dee7885b4447c58bd8c4b31b7377543b is the one I am looking at.

2. chains_of_androm

chains_of_androm GBAtemp Regular

May 8, 2012
    United States
    I suggest ponying up the extra cash and get it from somewhere trustworthy like amazon, much less chance of headaches.