Gaming XBOX 360 HDMI Cables

ryan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, my dad went out yesterday and bought a 46" LCD and I was looking around for HDMI cables for my XBOX... Now, does it really matter which one I use? The XBOX brand is 59.99, but I can find other HDMI cables for much much less...

So I guess my question is, can the quality between cables really vary that much? I mean, they are all HDMI...

ryan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Excellent! Thanks everyone.

While I think of it... I was reading about how you can turn a wireless router into a wireless receiver (instead of paying a ridiculous $100 for the XBOX wireless adapter), but I was wondering if anyone here has actually done it, or if anyone could vouch for it?

ryan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, monoprice looks pretty good. I just have to wait for them to restock some of the smaller lengths of HDMI cables.

Thanks!

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Devil May Cry said:
When it comes to HDMI, it is digital. It either works or doesn't. Amazon has a bunch for under $5.

That's not actually true.
Whilst the information is digital the signal is still analogue and a crappy HDMI cable can suffer at a higher resolution, settings and/or distance.
Its probably not a problem at 1080p on current equipment but the next generation of players (due out shortly) can have image quality issues and actually the fail at the HDMI standards they claim to use.

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, I knew about the distance issues but those usually aren't an issue for average gamers since they don't need really long cables. Never heard about the resolution issue though. Thanks for that info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: sup