X360 Glitchip

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Devin, Sep 3, 2011.

Sep 3, 2011

X360 Glitchip by Devin at 12:38 AM (4,061 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. Devin
    OP

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States

[​IMG]

Via Logic-Sunrise.com today we get news of a new product to perform the Reset Glitch Hack on xbox360 phats and slims, The Glitchip. As news of this new hack spread through the internets like wildfire on sunday the available boards quickly ran out of stock leaving people that were slow to react high and dry but the french have stepped in to save the day. The Glitchip promises to be a quick, clean and easy method to preforming the hack with only 7 solder points for the slim and 6 for the phat. This is sure to make the job a little easier for those that were overwhelmed by the schematics released when the hack first went public. Here is a short quote from the official website loosely translated from french:

Glitchip the x360 is a chip created by the company LIBRASOFT already known for his participation in the Xbox 360 scene. (BqI_Reader / 360 Drive Switcher / 360 Waves Patcher / 360 Games Patcher / x360SED ...). The x360 Glitchip follows the hack done by gligli (the Reset Glitch Hack) which allows to boot unsigned code on the Xbox 360 regardless of the kernel installed, and all revisions of motherboards now existing Slim Included (Except Xenon).
    To (very) simple, the chip sends a series of electrical pulses to the processor, in order to destabilize the console and make him believe that a modified CB is authentic (correctly hashed and signed). This fails every time, but it is repeated until success. Once the CB modified / hacked is validated by the console, it has sufficient rights to run unsigned code.

• [​IMG]Launch unsigned code on Xbox 360
    • [​IMG]A single chip for both consoles. Compatible with Xbox 360 and SLIM PHAT
    • [​IMG]No additional hardware required (Except for a JTAG cable you if the chip was delivered blank)
    • [​IMG]Compatible regardless of the kernel installed on the Xbox 360
    • [​IMG]Easy installation (7 welds on a Slim, 6 welds on a Phat)
    • [​IMG]Opportunity to update the chip via a JTAG cable (not supplied)
    • [​IMG]Dimensions suitable for easy installation in the Xbox 360 (3cm by 4cm)
    • [​IMG]The console boots signed a code in a short period of time ranging from 10s to 2 ~ 3 min.
    • [​IMG]Product 100% French
    • [​IMG]The x360Glitchip JTAG provides the equivalent of all the Xbox 360 (Xenon Offline). Falcon coming soon.

Videos

You can preorder yours now from Logic-Sunrise.com for only 26 euros or wait for on of your local shops to become a reseller.

Official Site: http://x360glitchip.fr/

2. TLSS_N

Member TLSS_N Who is John Galt?

United States
    wow, that was fast... too bad ProgSkeet had it done by a country mile!

3. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    No they haven't. The diagrams for the progskeet are for dumping the nand. This chip is for executing the glitch.

4. TLSS_N

United States
    you're right, I should have done more than glance at the post. disregard my first post.

5. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I'm already in the market of modding my Xbox or even purchasing a second Xbox so my main one still has Xbox Live privilages. What are the advantages of this compared to sending it to someone to get the DVD drive flashed? Also:

Ah well, c'est la vie...

6. TLSS_N

United States
    HOMEBREW!!

and a few more advantages such as external drives, smaller game images and 3rd party network for on line play [​IMG]

7. Shuji1987

Member Shuji1987 ~

Netherlands
    /facepalm, as if that is a selling point

8. Devin
    OP

United States
    It's going to be a simple install. Only 6 solder points. (7 for the Slim.) Now to preorder the chip, getting a programming cable, and a Soldering iron. As well as some solder.

9. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    and i was saving money up for a super ever drive, it might have to wait since i'm at a cross roads thanks to this and want to reset glitch hack my 360 anyway.
    would save me from having to buy DVD+R DL disc all the time.
    that's about $36 or $37 USD if the price conversion website i used is correct.

10. Devin
    OP

United States
    Correct. Plus shipping, unless it's free.

My plan is to grab a cheap Cygnos chip, so I could dual boot a "legit" NAND, and a modified one if anything is ever made. Allowing me to connect to Live, but also switch over to a NAND that allows unsigned code. It might even be possible to grab my own Keys in order to sign my own content. Of course this is just my hopes, until then I'll wait to see how this plays out.

11. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    same here after i wipe my sec data clean on my original nand since i have a ap2.5 flag on my jasper from a while back(it's never been online so i should be able to just wipe the slate clean with no issues.)

12. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    this news had to come out right after we started the podcast [​IMG]

13. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    Give it some time and you'll have cheaper ways it just takes some time.

14. Devin
    OP

United States
    It's actually been out for quite a while, I just finally got around to posting it.

15. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    well you could have posted 20 minutes earlier then you bastard [​IMG]

16. Devin
    OP

United States
    PM'd.

17. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I heard consoles are already patched (console repairs), does anyone know if this is true?

Oh and there are a few other chips out too. I'd wait to see if price will drop as there will probably be more competition.