X-Arcade stick

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by gblock247, Dec 21, 2008.

Dec 21, 2008

X-Arcade stick by gblock247 at 6:59 AM (777 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. gblock247
    OP

Member gblock247 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've been considering picking up an X-Arcade for MAME (pc) emulation. Does anybody got one and if so, what are your opinions?

Right now all I have is a Tekken 5 PS2 Hori stick w/ a PS2 to PC adapter and it doesn't seem to feel right playing certain games.

2. sirdashadow

Newcomer sirdashadow Advanced Member

United States
    >Does anybody got one and if so, what are your opinions?

*raises hand*. I've always wanted an arcade stick to make an arcade cabinet, but I don't know how to do woodworking. So went on ebay and scored an xarcade solo for $68 with ps2 and ps3 adapters included.

The Solo is pretty big, too bulky to use it on your lap, so be sure you have plenty of desk space (2' x 1' area should be plenty)

Also unlike the Hori's (I got a FS EX2 for Xbox360), the joystick is...how can i say this...."strong"...meaning...if you jiggle it hard the whole unit may move a bit unless it's secured. Lets just say when I play SF2 on ggpo.net, both of my monitors shake as I use and abuse it.

Bulid quality is fantastic, this can eat the hori alive if it could. Not that the Hori is bad mind you.

The joystick and buttons are adequate but they are not the very best you can get. You can also mod it so you can use custom sticks or buttons...

I dunno what else to tell you...it is great altough I'm using the hori for sf2 now because of the smaller size....

Edit: google kodakarcade for a little surprise by yours truly [​IMG]

3. shadow theory

Member shadow theory GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Depends on what you want to do with it, for fighting games, it's really not a good stick. For shooters, etc, it's okay.