Dan_179

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone.
I've just installed Tiramisu on my WiiU and I want to dump some games in order to install them on the console. I've used wudd to get the .app files and I'm using Wud Installer GX2 for the game installation. Unfortunately, when I try to install the game, Wup Installer stops at 2% (more precisely when it has already installed 295.8mb of the game in the console) without any kind of error message. I must precise that it's the process that gets freezed whereas the application still keeps running. This morning I tried re-formatting the SD card but it didn't fix the problem; I also tried using the Wud installer y mod but when it had reached the same point (295.8mb) it crashed. I suspect the game files might be corrupted. Should I try to redump the game? I accept suggestions or other fixes that might help me to solve the problem. Thanks!

Reactions: Pin1988

Codiak101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: Dan_179 and Pin1988

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What error is NUSspli returning (which is btw able to install directly from the WUDD path, no need to move files around) ?

Reactions: Dan_179

Dan_179

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everybody. Thanks for replying @Codiak101 and @V10lator !
I have been very busy recently; therefore I couldn't turn my WiiU on and try to fix the problem. As soon as I manage to use my sister's laptop (which has got a SD slot, but tomorrow my SD reader is supposed to be delivered to me) I will try to install the WUP Installer GX2 "channel" and use NUSspli.

Dan_179

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What error is NUSspli returning (which is btw able to install directly from the WUDD path, no need to move files around) ?
The message error is "Files might be corrupted", which is weird considering I've dumped them directly from the game disc. Is wudd doing something wrong or should I dump as WUD and then extract the .app files?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The message error is "Files might be corrupted", which is weird considering I've dumped them directly from the game disc. Is wudd doing something wrong or should I dump as WUD and then extract the .app files?
Please redump and try again with NUSspli 1.103 (has been released just a few minutes ago). I start to see the issue... ;)

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now that's weird... CC @Maschell as I now think the dump really corrupted somehow.

//EDIT: To Maschell: NUSspli 1.103 checks for enough free space before installing, so that can't be the problem here.

Reactions: Dan_179

Dan_179

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now that's weird... CC @Maschell as I now think the dump really corrupted somehow.

//EDIT: To Maschell: NUSspli 1.103 checks for enough free space before installing, so that can't be the problem here.
I actually have another WiiU game. Should I try dumping that one too so that we can find out if it's the dumper's fault?

Dan_179

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Might be a good idea, yea.
Alright, so I tried using NintendoLand and this time it worked: Nusspli installed the game with no problems.
The game I'm having problems with is Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water. The DVD doesn't seem to be damaged because I can play with it but I don't really understand why it doesn't work. Perhaps I should really take the long path (dumping WUD and extracting .app)?

Dan_179

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is the disc scratched? Other than that let's wait for Maschell.
Absolutely not. It's as clear as a mirror and I haven't touched it since December of two years ago.
Ok, I'll wait.
// EDIT: ok guys I've fixed the problem! This morning I dumped with wudd the .WUD of the game, extracted the .app files with wup2app and installed it: it worked! I guess wudd didn't fully extract all .app files from disc as when I had opened the folder after extraction I noticed there were many more of them.
@V10lator

Last edited by Dan_179,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over