OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WUP Installer for the Homebrew Launcher
310249-icon.png

This is a new version of the WUP installer from Crediar.
This homebrew lets you manually install Title Updates from NUS on your WiiU. (only game updates and the version spoofer title!)

Dimok updated it and made a Homebrew Launcher version with graphical progress bar during the installation.
It lets you choose where to install the update to : Internal memory or external device.

Compatibility

All console's version which can run the Homebrew Launcher.

Download

Releases : https://github.com/dimok789/wupinstaller/releases
Sources: https://github.com/dimok789/wupinstaller

Installation

Download the latest release from the link above and extract the wiiu folder from the release package to the root of your SD card.
It should look like this:
SD:/wiiu/apps/wupinstaller/wupinstaller.elf
SD:/wiiu/apps/wupinstaller/icon.png
SD:/wiiu/apps/wupinstaller/meta.xml

How to install a Title from NUS?

1) SD Preparation
Create a folder named "install" to the root of your SD card:
SD:/install/

Inside, place all the files you downloaded from NUS for ONE title update to install.
The files must be encrypted (.app and .h3 format) along with the three files : title.tmd, title.tik, title.cert

Example with the European version.bin title:
310251-wup_install_version.png

2) Installation
Launch Wup Installer from the homebrew launcher.
Select if you want to install the title to your WiiU internal memory or to your WiiU external HDD.
Wait for the installation progress to complete.

When done, it will exits back to the Homebrew Launcher.

Limitation

- You can install only ONE title at a time. You need to remove the SD card and replace the files every time you need to install another update. (a title selector could be added in future versions)
- You CAN'T install System titles, except for version.bin
- You CAN'T install games!

ONLY game updates and the version.bin used to spoof your console's version can be installed.
There's a whitelist to prevent installation of other Titles because it will brick your console.

What is the purpose if I can't install what I want?
This is useful only if you are not on the latest WiiU version and you want to play online with your retail game disc or access eShop without updating your console.

You first need to install the latest available version.bin file for your region to Spoof your console version.
Once your WiiU report that it has the latest version from the settings, you can play games online or access eShop with NNU patcher.

To play online, your games need to have the latest update, but you can't install it by launching the game.
You need to download the latest update for your game using JNUSTool or NUSGrabber, or any tools which lets you download titles in encrypted format. (.app and .h3 files)
Then you can use WUP installer to install these updates to your console or your external WiiU HDD.

Spoof installation

Note that spoofing the version can't be reversed. This is a permanent install.
You can increase the version seen by the console, but you can't decrease it.
Spoofing is used to trick the console into thinking you have the latest update while you remain on an old one. It allows you to play online. There is no side effect, and you can update officially to the latest official version anytime by disabling your network filters. (Do not disable the filters if you don't want to update your WiiU)

1. NUS titleID
Find the TitleID for the version.bin of your console's region on http://wiiubrew.org.
You should get this:
00050010-10041000 JPN
00050010-10041100 USA
00050010-10041200 EUR

Remove the "-" to get the TitleID, example : 0005001010041200

2. Download from NUS
You can use different tools to download encrypted files from NUS.
But some of them don't work anymore, or are OS specific. I'll explain only two of them.

NUSGrabber might be outdated, JNUSTool is the preferred method.
- Download and extract NUSGrabber from crediar's http://wupinstaller.com

- Open a command line window in the same folder and type:
NUSGrabber TitleID

Example for USA version.bin:
NUSGrabber.exe 0005001010041100

- If it works, it will create a folder named after the TitleID you chose with few files in it.​

:!: You need java 8 installed on your computer or device!.

- Download and extract the latest JNUSTool.

- Open the config file in a text editor and replace the second line with the WiiU Common Key (google it!).
If you don't know the key, you can replace the line with this: 00000000000000000000000000000000
Save the file.

- Open a new command line window in the same folder and type this :
java -jar JNUStool.jar TitleID -dlEncrypted (respect the uppercase E for the -dlEncrypted option or it will not work)
Example for USA version.bin:
java -jar JNUStool.jar 0005001010041100 -dlEncrypted

- It will create a temp folder named after the TitleID you chose with few files in it.​

Note 1: UWizard is not downloading all the needed files and is not renaming them correctly for WUP installer.
Please, use JNUSTool instead.

Note 2: If you filtered Nintendo's update server on your router, the download will not work !!
Disconnect your WiiU and disable your filters temporarily so you can download the system files from NUS.
Do not forget to re-enable your filters once done.

3. Copy the files to SD
Open the newly created folder named after the titleID you used, inside you will see a lot of .app, .h3 files, along with title.tmd, title.cert and title.tik

Copy ALL these files into your SD:/install/ folder.

You can now run WUP installer to install it to your internal memory.
Even if you select install to USB, it will detect that it's a system file and will install to internal memory.

Be sure you downloaded the correct region before installing a title on your console.

Game update installation

This method is needed only if you are on an old System version and don't want to update your console. It works with or without the spoof installed.
This is not the method to follow to install updates for Loadiine, this is used to install a game update on the console to be used by your official game disc or eshop game.
This manual installation method is required because if you launch the game without the latest update it will ask to update the console first before installing the game update. If you are on the latest system version, don't use this manual method, just launch your game and follow the official online update instructions.

Installing game updates manually uses the same method than installing the spoof, except that you need to edit the titleID to get the UpdateID.

1. NUS titleID
Find the TitleID for the game you want to update on http://wiiubrew.org.
Be sure to get the correct region!

note the ID you found, for example :
00050000-10144F00 Super Smash Bros. USA

Replace the "0-" with "E" to get the UpdateID.
If you don't replace 0 with E, you will get the Full game from eShop, That's not what you want. You CAN'T install full games with WUP installer!

0005000010144F00 = GameID
0005000E10144F00 = UpdateID

2. Download from NUS
Follow the same tutorial than the spoof section.
Just be sure to use the UpdateID instead of the TitleID, or it will not download the game update!

3. Copy the files to SD
Follow the same tutorial than the spoof section.
The only difference is that you can choose where you want to install the game update :
- WiiU internal memory
- WiiU external HDD

310259-wup_install_progress.png

Donation

If you want to thank Dimok for all his work in the WiiU development, you can make a gift in return.

Last edited by Cyan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If someone have a screenshot of the install progress, or the destination selection menu I can add it.

I will add more information about the spoof, which files to grab and how.

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
Good job @Cyan thank you

And thanks @dimok for your amazing effort to the community .

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If someone have a screenshot of the install progress, or the destination selection menu I can add it.

I will add more information about the spoof, which files to grab and how.

I have it
check out your notification, I mentioned you

Reactions: Cyan

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
I assume this does not install games to cut back on piracy and online play with pirated copies? This does not affect me as I have most games and no need to download anymore, but if it can install updates why can't it install games? Nice work though seems like a good tool.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Games need a certificate linked to your console.
Game update and system file's certificates are provided on NUS for free and it's the same for every users.

It has nothing to do with limiting piracy or not, it's just that Nintendo provides them or not.

Does it work with 5.5.1/5.5.0?
It's explained in the first paragraph.
If you can launch the homebrew launcher, then it works.

Reactions: Red9419

pikpol

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Games need a certificate linked to your console.
Game update and system file's certificates are provided on NUS for free and it's the same for every users.

It has nothing to do with limiting piracy or not, it's just that Nintendo provides them or not.

It's explained in the first paragraph.
If you can launch the homebrew launcher, then it works.
People that create games with Unity do receive these certificates right? So those people can install their titles if it isn't black listed?

Soukai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
a quick question: should i rather spoof from 550 to 551 or just update? the kexploit is working on both, so does it matter?

Last edited by Soukai,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess both 5.5.x exploits and possibilities are the same.
I would update (be sure there's no new released update) so you don't need to patch your console to access eshop and buy games or dlc.

it's usually suggested to not update and keep the current version if everything is already working fine, but I think in this case you can update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands