WUFE Error

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rootbeerking, Oct 27, 2008.

1. rootbeerking
    OP

rootbeerking Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2008
    United States
    Hello, I'm trying to use WUFE on my Super Smash Bros Brawl disc to get the IOS36-64-v1042.wad file needed for Waninkoko's Custom IOS36 rev 06. However I'm having a bit of a problem... for you see, when I go to open WUFE in The Homebrew Channel(I'm using the beta9 version), I am given an error that says "This is not a valid Wii application". Could some one come to my rescue?

Thank you so much, for taking the time needed to read my request for help.
    I hope someone can figure out what's wrong.

2. Chinman

Chinman GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2006
    is your wufe using an elf file, if yes, then you need to either find the dol equivalent or convert to dol. beta 9 is not compatible with elf files, dont ask me why.

otherwise install beta 8, this loads elf files

if it is a dol file, make sure its called boot.dol

3. rootbeerking
    OP

rootbeerking Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2008
    United States
    Ah thank you so much. May I ask, how does one go about converting an elf to a dol?

4. Chinman

Chinman GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2006
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=111893

its all discussed here

i didnt have to convert my elfs as i found all the ones i needed as dols, i think i read this morning and the convert is a bit hit and miss, i would just go back to beta 8, not much difference and higher compatibility. link to beta 8 is in that topic somewhere

5. rootbeerking
    OP

rootbeerking Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2008
    United States
    Thanks again! That was easier than I thought it would be.

6. Blue-K

Blue-K No right of appeal.

Jun 21, 2008
    Swaziland
    Helvetica
    First: I will bump this tread, because a New one is useless...

So, I just found this great Homebret App, downloaded, launched and...Invalid File (Homebrew-Channel 9)...so I searched for a .dol Version, but didn't found one...I even tried to convert it with ELF to DOL Converter...with the boot.dol, I tried it again and...seems to work...but now after Press A to start dump, I get an Reader Error, Application freezes...Anyone is willing to help? Maybe with a working version or something...

Thanks in Advance

7. india3

india3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2008
    India
  8. breakdaze

breakdaze Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2008
    United States
    I also have HBC Beta 9 and needed to use wufe.

Well, my hacky workaround was to put a copy of the homebrew app Front SD ELF loader in the HBC apps folder. I use it to run wufe and other elfs that HBC9 won't run. However, you need a GC controller to use it. I just dumped the wads on Wii Sports to test it. Make sure everything is OK with your SD card too.

Here, we made a HBC icon: [​IMG]

Find the app over at wiibrew.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice