WTF Dop-ios

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by toonbetsy, Aug 26, 2009.

Aug 26, 2009

WTF Dop-ios by toonbetsy at 1:52 AM (1,082 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. toonbetsy
    OP

Newcomer toonbetsy Member

Netherlands
    Hello, since my being here i learned a lot, i modded 20 wii's allready.
    on the older wii's i'll throw the ultimate guide(with a few modifications to some things) on it including cioscorp.

on new lu64 wii's i just use tbr ciosrev## then a backup loader of some kind and not to forget about preloader.

But where does dop-ios come into play???
    for what purpose could i use this prgram?

the question came into my mind after this one post i read about some dude claiming he had a unmoddable lu70 console.

Where WIIPOWER only asked one question to the guy. "Did you downgrade ios35" well, maybe the question is for wiipower, but how did you know he messed with ios35, and also why whould the guy want to use dop ios to downgrade ios35?

can someone please clear this up for me?

cos i don't get the ios35 part.

i undersrtand tbr, downgrade 15, patch the tb to ios 36, then run 36 to restore 15. I still don't know how wiipower found this bug and made such a nice program for it, but i know how it works and why it has to do those things.

Also, whats more on my mind, is that i read in some post (metroid prime trilogy) some dude said that geckoos would install the necessary ios's needed for a particulair game. Must i interpret from this that geckos just uses the ios the gae needs to run it?

OFFTOPIC

My GF Just gave birth to our beautifull son Named Jordy. Same i'm happy happy happy happy, i'm one happy mf. Since my gf is in the hospital with my son. i'm all alone celebrating this Glorious event with a big fat joint on my lips.

2. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yes. On LU64 Wiis, bring the Trucha bug, and then install a cIOS and Preloader.

Trucha Bug Restorer only brings the Trucha bug to IOS36, and IOS37 if opted for. Dop-IOS can bring it back to the rest, but it requires cIOS to do its magic.

Downgrading IOS35 was the old method of getting the Trucha bug. It would not work on LU64 Wiis, and the user probably screwed up somewhere. Trucha Bug Restorer and Dop-IOS were not responsible for this, and your best bet is to ignore anything about downgrading IOS35.

I believe Trucha Bug Restorer's "bug" works by sending the old IOS15's stuff under the new IOS15's info (think of it as masked). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

When you load a game via Gecko, it will scan the update partition for IOSes. If any are missing, Gecko will install whatever ones you are missing, helping to ensure you can play the game.

Hope this helps! [​IMG]

3. Mark McDonut

Member Mark McDonut GBAtemp Fan

United States
    But where does dop-ios come into play???
    for what purpose could i use this prgram?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Newer wiis can't use downgraded IOS's, they get rejected by the new boot2, therefore the bug is patched into new IOS's

the question came into my mind after this one post i read about some dude claiming he had a unmoddable lu70 console.

Where WIIPOWER only asked one question to the guy. "Did you downgrade ios35" well, maybe the question is for wiipower, but how did you know he messed with ios35, and also why whould the guy want to use dop ios to downgrade ios35?

can someone please clear this up for me?

cos i don't get the ios35 part.

i undersrtand tbr, downgrade 15, patch the tb to ios 36, then run 36 to restore 15. I still don't know how wiipower found this bug and made such a nice program for it, but i know how it works and why it has to do those things

you could always pm and ask him

Also, whats more on my mind, is that i read in some post (metroid prime trilogy) some dude said that geckoos would install the necessary ios's needed for a particulair game. Must i interpret from this that geckos just uses the ios the gae needs to run it?

Yup, exactly that. only installs what the game needs and leaves system manu alone

OFFTOPIC

My GF Just gave birth to our beautifull son Named Jordy. Same i'm happy happy happy happy, i'm one happy mf. Since my gf is in the hospital with my son. i'm all alone celebrating this Glorious event with a big fat joint on my lips.

4. jurai

Member jurai GBAtemp Fan

dopios will let you install latest version of IOS' without downloading them on your pc

5. toonbetsy
    OP

Newcomer toonbetsy Member

Netherlands
    Well thnxx for the reply's, all is clear now. everything i'm doing at the moment is perfect.
    And the gecko thing should have been there when madworld was released.....