Hacking wtf acekard

dewp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've purchased a acecard 2 from here :http://www.gizzards.co.uk/catalog/acekard-2-p-70.html yesterday

and after browsing around these forums i've come to realize that there is a 'acekard 2.1' that they released because of 'errors' with the one i bought?.. wtf ?.. I've done alot of researching to buy my cart - had an edge before but gave it to my little sister, I liked the OS of acekard, but now i have a shitty verson of one, great.

what kind of errors are they?.. do the cards just die or what?

dewp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That doesn't answer the question I'm asking, i've obviously read that thread otherwise i wouldn't be making this thread.

WHAT KIND OF ERRORS are they, does the card just die?.. also which i forgot to ask - do you guys think that maybe theone i bought is a actually 2.1 version? as that thread is from august 08

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh.
its very possible you got 2.1. likely, even.

the errors weren't anything too serious, else there would be more topics on gbatemp about them

dewp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thank you, hopefully i have nothing to worry about
frown.gif

are the version 2 acekards much different from 2.1, or does it not really matter?

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The 2.1 version has a couple of hardware issues (most notably the FAT error) fixed, and IIRC there is no longer a bulge under the Totally Rad Shiny label.

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop being a fucking douche, does it say "ver 2.1" at the bottom of the Acekard sticker? If it doesnt, then you don't have a version 2.1.

The older cards may have had poor soldering and after the card has been in use for awhile, may stop working (commonly giving a "FAT ERROR" message during startup).

I'd say not working is a pretty serious problem, but you may not be affected, but you wont know for a few months anyway (it looks like it takes about that long).

dewp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kai445 said:
Stop being a fucking douche, does it say "ver 2.1" at the bottom of the Acekard sticker? If it doesnt, then you don't have a version 2.1.

The older cards may have had poor soldering and after the card has been in use for awhile, may stop working (commonly giving a "FAT ERROR" message during startup).

I'd say not working is a pretty serious problem, but you may not be affected, but you wont know for a few months anyway (it looks like it takes about that long).

fucking douche? wtf ? are you blind? i've just bought the cart on the internet, It's physically impossible to read something that i don't have.

and thank you that's all i wanted to know people.

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about next time you ask the seller instead of a forum of people who didn't sell you the product you just bought.

dewp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think that you guys seriously need to use YOUR EYES, and READ threads before you post..

QUOTE said:
I've purchased a acecard 2 from here :http://www.gizzards.co.uk/catalog/acekard-2-p-70.html yesterday

what does that imply? use common sence, i've ALREADY bought it i just wanted to know what the issues were and if they were serious.

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dewp said:
I think that you guys seriously need to use YOUR EYES, and READ threads before you post..

QUOTE said:

what does that imply? use common sence, i've ALREADY bought it i just wanted to know what the issues were and if they were serious.

Maybe you should research the things you buy before you buy them, and since neither gbatemp nor anyone here sold you the item, how do you expect us to know what version they have in stock.

But not only that, you said "i've come to realize that there is a 'acekard 2.1' that they released because of 'errors' with the one i bought"....

"errors with the one i bought" ... that implies you knew you bought an older, affected version.

dewp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought i had researched them lol, obviously not enough and I expect you to know because people on here seem to know alot about the carts and when 'batches' contain certain 'versions.

to answer your question CLEAN YOUR HANDS YOU SCUMBAG

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dewp said:
I thought i had researched them lol, obviously not enough and I expect you to know because people on here seem to know alot about the carts and when 'batches' contain certain 'versions.

to answer your question CLEAN YOUR HANDS YOU SCUMBAG

smile.gif

dewp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
isn't it pretty obvious

if you have dirty hands.. YOU WASH THEM

This typing in bold does really make you cool kai, thanks for teaching me how to be cool on the internet

dewp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WELL, i got it today and it's a 2.1 wooo..

BUT WOW, how cheap is this thing compared to the edge, feels like the cheapest plastic i've ever felt. feels like im gonna break the sd card putting it in also.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are even newer 2.1's (with a blue PCB) that are sturdier because they're glued shut. I bet if you glued yours shut it would be just as sturdy though.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ughh the C64 version looks almost as bad lol