WRT120N compatable with Wii & DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by greasy, Jul 28, 2009.

Jul 28, 2009
  1. greasy
    OP

Newcomer greasy Member

United States
    My current Linksys WRT55AG is givign me grief. I have to reboot it everyday becuase it just hangs and stops traffic. I can still access other computers on my network but nothing goes though to the internet. I have both a Wii and DS I don't play online much but I do every so often and don't want to lose that option. I looked at the recommended list and both the DS and Wii are suported on the WER54G2, but when I was price shopping the WRT120N was 10 bucks more and supports newer technology. The WRT120N supports WEP and 802.11B so it should be compaitable but thought about asking here to see if anyone has any exprence with them? I looked for reviews online but they were all sites selling them and I couldn't find a good no biased review, none spoke of Wii or DS compatablilty. I am thinking about useing a thrid party firmware on my Linksys as a last ditch effort to save money, but I don't want to do it till I have the money and picked a new router incase I brick my current WRT54G

2. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Yes, Linksys N routers have legacy compatibility. I have a similar one, the black N router that prevents people from logging into the network even if it's secured, you have to activate a function with the router in order to get accepted at first, then it works great. Just make sure your encryption is WEP.

3. greasy
    OP

Newcomer greasy Member

United States
    That sounds like a pain. So you have to press and access button to allow connection even if specify SSID and Key?

Sounds a bit goofy.