Wrong size sysNAND dump

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by vincecartercrazy, May 22, 2016.

1. vincecartercrazy
    OP

vincecartercrazy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2011
    United States
    I'm dumping my sysNAND using EmuNAND9 and so far 3 times in a row I've gotten a NAND with a file size of 1240mb (1,269,760 bytes). According to this page this is not a correct file size for the NAND. What am I doing wrong? Could I brick my system using this "incorrect" NAND?

2. Magical Sheep

Magical Sheep The Super Stylish Black Cat

Jan 22, 2016
    United States
    The Metaverse
    This is something that kept me from doing the A9LH install. I have two systems, which both dump a 1240mb NAND backup. I've done several backups, and each results in a 1240mb file.
    I think it would be ok to use the 1240mb backup, as long as it's consistent, however, I would wait for someone else to give you an answer because I don't know for certain.

3. vincecartercrazy
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2011
    United States
    Thanks for the reply.

I just used Decrypt9 to attempt to validate the NAND dump, and it came out successful.

4. Magical Sheep

Jan 22, 2016
    United States
    The Metaverse
    You're welcome.
    I didn't even know Decrypt9 could do that. I must have overlooked the option. Anyways, if it's validated, then it should work just fine.

5. Strangre

Strangre Newbie

Newcomer
    May 18, 2016
    United States
    I post a picture of my recently installed arm9loader nand backup that i did recently. These are my nand property gb and my computer show that they are 1,269,760 bytes on the right side.

Attached Files:

6. Magical Sheep

Jan 22, 2016
    United States
    The Metaverse
    Mine is the same size. (1,300,234,240b) Although it's an older EmuNAND backup, it's still the same size. If I find the time, I'll get a backup of the other system and compare.

7. Black Magician

Black Magician Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2016
    Switzerland
    A9 could be done using such size NAND.

8. Kyojin

Kyojin #include "brain.h"

Sep 7, 2015
    France
    Guys, you are just misreading it:

1240 MB (megabytes) = 1,300,234,240 bytes (what is shown on the properties window and Plailect's guide)

1240 MB (megabytes) = 1,269,760 KB (kilobytes) (what is shown on the Windows Explorer)

9. vincecartercrazy
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2011
    United States
    Ahh, mystery solved. Thank you.

[​IMG]

10. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    also, for further reference, you can start out with a bigger size SYSNAND dump depending on what chip your system has, but then once you've made a rednand it can turn into the smaller size! it's normal with rednand.