Would MH4U work on JPN3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by aznaloner, May 29, 2015.

1. aznaloner
    OP

aznaloner Newbie

Newcomer
    May 29, 2015
    United States
    Hey guys.

I'm trying to use regionFOUR to play MH4U (US cart) online on my JPN3DS. regionFour will let me run the game but I can't accept the User Agreement to go online. Is there a way around this or do I have to use Sky3DS?

I posted this earlier somewhere else but realized now that this was probably the more appropriate area...Sorry mods ^^;;

2. Click This

Click This Surgite!

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    New York, New York
    You won't be able to go online without using config.cia to set a value for the EULA. Even then, you would need the US MH4U update, which you won't be getting to work on a JP 3DS anytime soon, unfortunately.

3. aznaloner
    OP

aznaloner Newbie

Newcomer
    May 29, 2015
    United States
    Ack. So I guess even with a flashcart I would be SOL. Damnit... Thanks anyways!

4. _eyCaRambA_

_eyCaRambA_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 22, 2009
    United States
    Right around the cornerâ„¢
    Nah, it works fine without any update for me. Been playing an EU cia on my JP 3DS since release. Only thing you need to do is change the EULA value as pointed out by the previous poster so Pasta CFW or Gateway would be enough.

5. Click This

Click This Surgite!

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    New York, New York
    Playing it is fine, but you won't be able to use the online features without the latest patch if you're using a retail cart.

6. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2007
    As of now the latest patch is not for online, you can play online with no problems but when capcom release an update you won't be able to play online anymore, you need a gateway or pasta to do the trick

7. Click This

Click This Surgite!

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    New York, New York
    You won't be able to get any of the earlier patches using a retail cart either, so no, you can't go online either.

I haven't used Pasta, so I don't know about that, though.

8. _eyCaRambA_

_eyCaRambA_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 22, 2009
    United States
    Right around the cornerâ„¢
    Should've been more specific. I never installed an update for the game and online MP + DLC downloads work just fine. Applies to both, cia + original cart. The update doesn't seem to be required for online play in this case. And honestly I doubt they'll publish a new patch anytime soon, it's been more than three months since release.