Would appreciate some help!!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Doyouwantaspoon, Apr 18, 2009.

Apr 18, 2009
  1. Doyouwantaspoon
    OP

Newcomer Doyouwantaspoon Advanced Member

United States
    I hear the Acekards get bricked?? So do you just throw it away after that? What happens? I hear the Acekard and EZ5i are the best cards, but is one more compatible than the other? To play games like Pokemon, isn't Real Time Saves mandatory? - and doesn't only one of those cards have RTS (which one?)?

Also, can anyone help me out with dealextreme? Look at these different listings:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19159
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19158
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13683

The first one is the EZ5i with the SD card reader, a stylus, and a (what appears to be black) thumb stylus all for $18.38

The second is just the EZ5i by its self for $16.37

The third is also the card, SD reader, normal stylus and thumb stylus (but this time the picture has a white thumb stylus, yet the item name says BLACK) all for $15.98

I would rather have the white thumb stylus, so would that be the first or third one(?), because it seems the pictures are switched. And why is just the card by its self the most expensive?

2. Golin

Member Golin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You got the DSi and you're going to have to live with it. Just be patient because the cards that are out are a little iffy and I wouldn't trust them in my new handheld system. Personally, I'd wait for M3's new iTouch2. If you can't go without one now, pick up the new Acekard... but I wouldn't.

3. Doyouwantaspoon
    OP

United States
    I don't have any flashcarts yet, nor a DSi yet. I was just asking for help in this topic.

4. Hatsikidee

Newcomer Hatsikidee Member

Netherlands
    uhm, some good advises in the posts above. Most people depend their flashcart choice on the flashcart quality and don't mind some cheap extras like a thumb stylus. I've both the ez flash and the acekard (acekard running in my sisters dsi) and I highly recommend the acekard.

Acekard vs EZ Flash
    - Acekard has a better and faster menu
    - Acekard boots faster
    - ROM-support of the Acekard is better, lot of games have errors or don't start with the EZ Flash
    - Acekard has more updates and options (AKAIO)
    - Acekard is easier to skin, more skins available
    - DSi doesn't 'see' the EZ Flash when going to the DSi menu, it's only visible if you get the flashcart in and out.
    - EZ Flash build quality is better then the build quality of the Acekard.

My advise: buy the acekard [​IMG]

5. Doyouwantaspoon
    OP

United States
    Wow, that was very helpful. So you said the Acekard has better ROM support? I thought the EZFlash Vi has Real Time Save, whereas the Acekard does not? Wouldn't this mean games like Pokemon Diamond & Pearl and Platinum would not work on the Acekard due to lack of RTS?

6. Fabis94

Member Fabis94 Xbawx playa

Latvia
    And the Acekard was very rushed, it bricks and there are language problems. You forgot to add that [​IMG]
    What i suggest is Pre-order the iTouch2 that is coming out next week. They say it's better than any flashcarts that are in the market now. Also you are free to use any language you want (on the EUR DSi) and it doesn't brick. Imo thats better than any Acekard [​IMG]