1. MadenameXD

OP MadenameXD Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I just want to ask real quick if anyone's seen anything bad happen from using a magnet for the installation of CFW on a New 2DS XL (or any of the 3DS family). I'm a bit worried when it comes to using a magnet with a new piece of electronics I spent about 170 on (after tax), but I definitely want to get CFW back on my system.

Is just a regular years-old refrigerator magnet probably more than fine to do it safely, or should I be concerned with size or anything just in case there's some precision thing you can mess up? Sorry for the uneducated view on things. I've been trying to do some research on the subject but can't find much information on it with the 3DS consoles in particular.

2. natinusala

natinusala Win32 error 31 is not an error

France
    We don't use a magnet just because it's fun, it's because it triggers sleep mode. The lid contains a magnet. It's made for that. You'll be fine.

MadenameXD likes this.
  3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Italy
    Unless you plan to use a complete or disassembled superconducting MR scanner as your magnet, there is no problem (and even if you tried that, the more likely problem would be holding the console in your hands)

Yes, VARYING magnetic fields do induce electric fields and viceversa (that's how all inductors, motors, and transformers work); and the console (or rather its parts) are built to resist any such effects encounterable in reasonable use and storage (such as being put next to a large speaker)!

MadenameXD likes this.
  4. MadenameXD

OP MadenameXD Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Worries, Magnet, Usage