• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

World War III discussion

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Its usage by the gay community is the most recognised one. The only other one is it as a peace flag.
One popular usage of the flag was "gay pride". I would argue that the recent association is more with the LGBTQ+ community. There are conflicts in the lesbian community between lesbians and transgender people, so it's not really a flag of the homosexual community as a whole either. Indicated by the addition of Q and + it also might have a meaning of progression. If you look at the wikipedia article there are other flags that look very similar.

Gay_Pride_Flag.svg

Flag_of_the_Jewish_Autonomous_Oblast.svg

Why is this relevant for the subject at hand?

I would argue that the people who design flags for such successful movements are highly intelligent and educated, and understand that symbols need to have deeper meanings rooted in culture, history or even religion.

So why is the rainbow flag appearing alongside with the appearance of global banking? I have no clue. All I am sure is, that the meaning is more complex than what you have suggested. Is there a concious connection the actors of the global banking system see there? I don't know.

Last edited by Creamu,

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Last edited by Creamu,

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
The claim that European countries are doing everything to avoid escalation is ridiculous. They are doing everything but the final step of active war participation.

Does anyone remember when Russia sent tanks, equipment and volunteers into the Donbass? Almost every European media outlet called it an invasion and a war.
European countries are doing the same with Ukraine, times a hundred.
According to legal experts even training Ukrainian soldiers could be regarded as war participation. In the end, it does not matter what legal experts say. The Russian government could see it as such.

Reactions: Creamu

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The claim that European countries are doing everything to avoid escalation is ridiculous. They are doing everything but the final step of active war participation.

Does anyone remember when Russia sent tanks, equipment and volunteers into the Donbass? Almost every European media outlet called it an invasion and a war.
According to legal experts even training Ukrainian soldiers could be regarded as war participation. In the end, it does not matter what legal experts say. The Russian government could see it as such.
I agree completely. Its a very dangerous game played on very thin legalese assumptions.
These are not "instances of the global banking system". These are US embassies. Diplomatic missions. And I agree completely with the gesture. Even if it's laughable coming from the US.

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
These are not "instances of the global banking system". These are US embassies. Diplomatic missions. And I agree completely with the gesture. Even if it's laughable coming from the US.
Well you get them as a package or not at all, and with not at all you might very well face serious hostile moves.
Yes. In addition it is part of modern warfare to orchestrate a scenario where your opposing side is forcing you to take military action, in order to claim moral superiority. In the end, the victor gets to set the narrative.
Blame your enemy of what you are doing.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you dont like the article I have found you are free to research it yourself. Gaddafi was literally killed because he wanted to build his own bank.
Gaddafi was overthrown because he was quite close to providing energy to the wrong People, ending their reliance on French and Russian supply.

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
One popular usage of the flag was "gay pride". I would argue that the recent association is more with the LGBTQ+ community. There are conflicts in the lesbian community between lesbians and transgender people, so it's not really a flag of the homosexual community as a whole either. Indicated by the addition of Q and + it also might have a meaning of progression. If you look at the wikipedia article there are other flags that look very similar.

Gay_Pride_Flag.svg

Flag_of_the_Jewish_Autonomous_Oblast.svg

Why is this relevant for the subject at hand?

I would argue that the people who design flags for such successful movements are highly intelligent and educated, and understand that symbols need to have deeper meanings rooted in culture, history or even religion.

So why is the rainbow flag appearing alongside with the appearance of global banking? I have no clue. All I am sure is, that the meaning is more complex than what you have suggested. Is there a concious connection the actors of the global banking system see there? I don't know.
Had to think of this thread:

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
More nonsense, obviously.
That is obviously entertainment. What the creator intentions are, I have no idea. But I share his believe that the flag will undergo further transformation. What will it become? We will see, if the american system is healthy enough to function long enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
    S @ salazarcosplay: does update 19 really block it