• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

World War III discussion

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drumpfs administration wasn´t any better. Bolten recently proudly spoke of regime change he had been planning (of course CNN did not ask any more question about it; it´s not like they are journalists) and Pompeo lauded Pelosi for wanting to to go Taiwan (they should meet there, he wrote).
No wars in Ukraine and no threats to Taiwan by China for four years. Abraham Accords in the middle east. Peace with North Korea. Yeah, that guy totally sucked, unless your goal is World War III, which it looks like is the goal of leftists nowadays based on the things the cult have been saying over the past 5 or 6 years.

There were no regime changes while Trump was president so Bolton obviously was not talking about that time period. More than likely, he was talking about his time in the Bush admin where there were regime changes around the world.

Pompeo is showing us the difference between how the Chinese treat former administration officials and the deep state that Nancy is a part of. Now ask yourself who is really in charge of the US. It doesn't look like the Big Guy is in charge of much at all.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Looks like all that "Cold War" US propaganda has payed its profits.

A Third World War is way too far from becoming a reality, even if there are so many interests involved and there's many people willing for that to happen; most actual world economies would not support such event and the higher benefit would be for those that already are on a very privileged position (a very few).

A global war is not just weapons, destruction and people being killed; there are huge economical and political interests involved, all of them do not obey justice or freedom.

sl0ps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I know I pissed around GBA Temp, I played devils advocate and loved to be a contrarian, but we gotta just put this shit on ice in any and all ways possible.

Very relevant. "Lets last to next Spring."

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EVERYONE GET INTO THE BUNKER ITS WORLD WAR 3!!!!!

But for real, Thats not going to happen, its most likely under 1% and will not happen, maybe it will be like Fallout and it will be caused by Oil/Water/Food Shortage causing tensions beween conterys. Most likely a Cival War in the US is your best bet.

Reactions: rantex92

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
No wars in Ukraine and no threats to Taiwan by China for four years. Abraham Accords in the middle east. Peace with North Korea. Yeah, that guy totally sucked, unless your goal is World War III, which it looks like is the goal of leftists nowadays based on the things the cult have been saying over the past 5 or 6 years.

There were no regime changes while Trump was president so Bolton obviously was not talking about that time period. More than likely, he was talking about his time in the Bush admin where there were regime changes around the world.

Pompeo is showing us the difference between how the Chinese treat former administration officials and the deep state that Nancy is a part of. Now ask yourself who is really in charge of the US. It doesn't look like the Big Guy is in charge of much at all.
What do you mean by peace with North Korea? Trump met Kim a couple of times. North Korea was given nothing. There has never been a peace treaty. The temporary easing of tensions was probably thanks to the South Korean administration.

You are right about Bolton, but it was Trump´s fault to apoint maniacs like Bolton and Pompeo.

The Abraham Accords were signed against the backdrop of growing Iranian influence in the region. Israel has worked with Arabic countries before as long as it was about containing Iran. It has made the world no more safer than NATO. It´s like saying Russia and Japan signing a peace treaty one day in the presence of Chinese dominance and US isolationism is making the world safer. It does not.

Trump has been more of the same.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last I checked, the bad orange man averted World War III with China and North Korea for 4 years. Now they are both talking shit while Resident Sponge-Brain Shits-Pants eats ice cream and falls off his bike.
EAsy to avert something that wasn't happening. Also, falling off his bike? That's because Trumpo is too fat to ride one.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by peace with North Korea? Trump met Kim a couple of times. North Korea was given nothing. There has never been a peace treaty. The temporary easing of tensions was probably thanks to the South Korean administration.

You are right about Bolton, but it was Trump´s fault to apoint maniacs like Bolton and Pompeo.

The Abraham Accords were signed against the backdrop of growing Iranian influence in the region. Israel has worked with Arabic countries before as long as it was about containing Iran. It has made the world no more safer than NATO. It´s like saying Russia and Japan signing a peace treaty one day in the presence of Chinese dominance and US isolationism is making the world safer. It does not.

Trump has been more of the same.
Go back and read news stories from that time period and earlier. North Korea was testing nukes and firing long range missiles. That stopped. Do you have proof that South Korea eased tensions, because when you use the word probably, it means you have no proof. If they did ease tensions, why did North Korea just threaten us?

Bolton exposed himself. Show proof that Pompeo is a "maniac". You won't be able to.

You can keep believing that about the Abraham Accords, but what you believe is not true because you refuse to leave your echo chamber and read other sources of news.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Go back and read news stories from that time period and earlier. North Korea was testing nukes and firing long range missiles. That stopped. Do you have proof that South Korea eased tensions, because when you use the word probably, it means you have no proof. If they did ease tensions, why did North Korea just threaten us?
Missiles tests stopped during negotations but continued when they were fruitless, if I remember correctly. Anyway, Trump has achieved nothing but good optics when it came to North Korea. It speaks volume about the US that a president needs to be praised for not starting a new war in four years. It is well-known that president Moon was well-meaning regarding North Korea, e.g. they included North Korean players during the Winter Olympics for optics reasons alone (it was a disadvantage for the team). However, even president Moon presented its country as America´s bitch, which is why there cannot be substantial progress. I give you one thing: Trump really made a funny advertisement video for North Korea. A true salesman.
Bolton exposed himself. Show proof that Pompeo is a "maniac". You won't be able to.
For instance, he encourages Pelosi to go to Taiwan and plans to do the same. I´d call that insane. The Taiwan issue (i.e. that the US recognizes there is only one China and Taiwan is part of China) is the foundation for their relationship. Plunging the world economy into chaos and potentially risking WW3 is pretty insane in my view. The US is free to recognize Taiwan independence, just as Russia is free to recognize Lugansk/Donetsk independence, but it severes the ties between China and the US.
You can keep believing that about the Abraham Accords, but what you believe is not true because you refuse to leave your echo chamber and read other sources of news.
What part is not true? That it exists to contain Iran? It´s been widely discussed in Western mainstream media.
I read and watch American, German, Russian, and Chinese news (sometimes in their native language), to a lesser extend Arabic and English/Australian news. Some of it is mainstream, some of it is not. How about you? And how is it relevant other than an attempted ad hominem?

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Missiles tests stopped during negotations but continued when they were fruitless, if I remember correctly. Anyway, Trump has achieved nothing but good optics when it came to North Korea. It speaks volume about the US that a president needs to be praised for not starting a new war in four years. It is well-known that president Moon was well-meaning regarding North Korea, e.g. they included North Korean players during the Winter Olympics for optics reasons alone (it was a disadvantage for the team). However, even president Moon presented its country as America´s bitch, which is why there cannot be substantial progress. I give you one thing: Trump really made a funny advertisement video for North Korea. A true salesman.

For instance, he encourages Pelosi to go to Taiwan and plans to do the same. I´d call that insane. The Taiwan issue (i.e. that the US recognizes there is only one China and Taiwan is part of China) is the foundation for their relationship. Plunging the world economy into chaos and potentially risking WW3 is pretty insane in my view. The US is free to recognize Taiwan independence, just as Russia is free to recognize Lugansk/Donetsk independence, but it severes the ties between China and the US.

What part is not true? That it exists to contain Iran? It´s been widely discussed in Western mainstream media.
I read and watch American, German, Russian, and Chinese news (sometimes in their native language), to a lesser extend Arabic and English/Australian news. Some of it is mainstream, some of it is not. How about you? And how is it relevant other than an attempted ad hominem?
The long range missile tests stopped until after Biden took office. What you remember were short range missile tests which are allowed. Name another modern president that didn't start a war. You won't be able to do that either.

Pompeo just went to Taiwan a couple of months ago and no threats were made. This is the second time China made threats because Pelosi is supposed to go there. Maybe she'll come down with Covid again to get out of going like she did last time.

It's just weird that as soon as the Accords were signed, Arabic nations started trading and forming official relationships with Israel and Saudi Arabia began allowing Israeli planes to cross their airspace. None of that was happening before. And now the Arab nations are doing their part to keep the peace in the region, as they should. It's their responsibility, not ours.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
The long range missile tests stopped until after Biden took office. What you remember were short range missile tests which are allowed. Name another modern president that didn't start a war. You won't be able to do that either.
My argument is not that other US presidents were better but that they all suck. Trump was nothing special, nor will he be if he is re-elected. Despite the boo-hoo by the elites, he is no different than e.g. Biden.

Pompeo just went to Taiwan a couple of months ago and no threats were made. This is the second time China made threats because Pelosi is supposed to go there. Maybe she'll come down with Covid again to get out of going like she did last time.
You asked me to justify my claim that he is insane. Xi told Biden "If you play with fire, you get burned". A stronger threat cannot be uttered by a Chinese president. Pompeo encourages Pelosi anyway. That is insane. If he goes there as a private citizen, it is a different matter.

It's just weird that as soon as the Accords were signed, Arabic nations started trading and forming official relationships with Israel and Saudi Arabia began allowing Israeli planes to cross their airspace. None of that was happening before. And now the Arab nations are doing their part to keep the peace in the region, as they should. It's their responsibility, not ours.
I am not convinced but I concede this point: perhaps it was special. For me, it was not because I have seen them work together in Syria.

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution,

imgtr

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
xd.png

Reactions: sombrerosonic

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
'China's Army Posts "Get Ready For War!" Message On Social Media, State Mouthpiece Says PLA Has "Right" To Intercept Pelosi's Plane

Update(1408ET): The Chinese government's English language mouthpiece Global Times has grown particularly loud and bellicose in response to Nancy Pelosi's potential trip to the self-ruled island of Taiwan:

"Get ready for war!" read a message posted by China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) 80th Group over the US visit to Taiwan, as reported on Friday, July 29. China’s Army’s war message over the potential US visit to Taiwan reportedly generated over 300,000 thumbs-up in just 12 hours, creating "high morale among Chinese soldiers" according to Global Times.

Below: reportedly the message in question appearing on a PLA channel Friday on the popular Chinese social media app Weibo:

“Preparing for War(备战)!”
The official #Weibo account of the 80th Army Group of the #CCP' People's Liberation Army #PLA posted this two-Chinese-word post 15 hours ago and has gained 650K likes, 32K comments, and 28K shares so far. pic.twitter.com/voEJ3BHFn6

— Jennifer Zeng 曾錚 (@jenniferatntd) July 29, 2022
I'd rather translate it as preparing for war. 备means prepare, get ready for, 战 means war. Of course, it can also mean action. But this is an account of PLA.

[...]'

-Zerohedge

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/pelosi-leading-delegation-asia-taiwan-stop-not-clear

'China Is Issuing The Same "Red Line" Warnings About Taiwan That Russia Issued About Ukraine

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has continued to pour gasoline on the foreign policy dumpster fire that is her planned visit to Taiwan next month, now reportedly encouraging other members of congress to come along for the ride.

“Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., has invited a small group of lawmakers on her official trip to Taiwan, including the top Democrat and Republican on the House Foreign Affairs Committee,” NBC News reports.

This trip, which Beijing perceives as an egregious transgression of Washington’s longstanding one-China policy, is already so incendiary that the Pentagon is now planning to send in fighter jets and other war machinery to protect Pelosi’s plane in case of attacks by the Chinese military.

[...]'

-Caitlin Johnstone

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/c...ings-about-taiwan-russia-issued-about-ukraine

'China Launches Live-Fire Drills Off Taiwan With US Carrier Group Nearby, As Pelosi's Plane En Route To Asia

According to prior comments from President Biden, the Pentagon wants House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to cancel her visit to Taiwan - but now pending her possible arrival in Taipei the US military has moved a Navy strike group into the South China Sea led by the USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier.

The USS Reagan left a port call in Singapore and is now patrolling waters near China, with Beijing flexing its own military muscle by launching fresh naval exercises near the self-ruled island - and more worrisomely issuing threats that the PLA military is on stand-by to respond with "forceful measures" if needed. Turkey's EHA media outlet on Saturday is circulating (unverified) video purporting to show large US warplane formation flyovers of the South China sea, with destroyers below...

[...]'

-ZeroHedge

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...s-carrier-group-nearby-pelosis-plane-en-route

Last edited by Creamu,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My argument is not that other US presidents were better but that they all suck. Trump was nothing special, nor will he be if he is re-elected. Despite the boo-hoo by the elites, he is no different than e.g. Biden.

You asked me to justify my claim that he is insane. Xi told Biden "If you play with fire, you get burned". A stronger threat cannot be uttered by a Chinese president. Pompeo encourages Pelosi anyway. That is insane. If he goes there as a private citizen, it is a different matter.

I am not convinced but I concede this point: perhaps it was special. For me, it was not because I have seen them work together in Syria.
Trump is different because the uniparty and the administrative state attacked him constantly. That does not happen with Biden and it didn't happen with Obama, Bush, Clinton or Daddy Bush. They made up the boldest of lies and have never proven anything, but people accept the lies and move on. We were told there was a pee pee tape. Where is it? Where is all the evidence Adam Schiff swore he had on Trump/Russia that could put him away for good? How come not a single person has been indicted for insurrection, sedition or treason relating to J6? Certainly the CNN and MSNBC super fans have to be asking why nothing is being produced that have been promised.

So you think Pelosi is gonna go to Taiwan because Pompeo encouraged her? :rofl2:

Have you ever asked yourself why she is going to Asia? She's not a diplomat or the president. She should be spending more time in her district instead.

I'm not here to convince you or anybody else here. Just ask questions that the corporate media refuses to ask. Don't take what you read and hear at face value. Do your own research. There is a reason why trust in the media has dropped to 11%, but their narratives stay alive because of social media. Nobody even notices that numerous ex-CIA and ex-FBI personnel work for these news conglomerates.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Do your own research. There is a reason why trust in the media has dropped to 11%, but their narratives stay alive because of social media. Nobody even notices that numerous ex-CIA and ex-FBI personnel work for these news conglomerates.
You are barking at the wrong tree. There is mainstream, there is you and other Drumpf fans and than there are extremists like me. I´m so extreme I could be on a cover of a 90s video game.
Trump in only different in style, not substance. But it is already enough to be attacked by the mainstream.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are barking at the wrong tree. There is mainstream, there is you and other Drumpf fans and than there are extremists like me. I´m so extreme I could be on a cover of a 90s video game.
Trump in only different in style, not substance. But it is already enough to be attacked by the mainstream.
I'm not even sure what you trying to say here, but ok.

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe

'Wake up! We are at war with china right now, we just don't realise it.'

'We are getting ready to be humiliated in a way we haven't been humiliated ever and this is going to be worse than pearl habor, if we choose to escalate.'

'This is the dumbest thing we have done in a long long long time. (Sending Pelosi)'

'My biggest fear was nuclear war before this year ended. This is playing out right now.'

-Scott Ritter

Last edited by Creamu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto