'World of Horror' leaves Early Access; gets launch trailer

world of horror.jpg

After being available in Early Access for a while, v1.0 of World of Horror has arrived on PC. To accompany the launch of this horror title inspired by the works of Junji Ito and H.P. Lovecraft, a new trailer was aired:

WORLD OF HORROR follows the rural residents of a seaside Japanese town facing inhuman terrors, as reality frays and tears at the edges. Investigate the eldritch mysteries striking your town, and seek the truth behind the depredations of man and monster. Solve puzzles to collect precious items and arcane spells. Struggle against malevolent legends of Japanese folklore while trying to hold onto your sanity and survive in this horrific 1-bit roguelite RPG.

World of Horror is available out of Early Access on PC (Steam and GOG) and will launch on Switch and PS4 on October 26th.

:arrow: SOURCE

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
similar to the original clocktower? horror themed?

Yes very Junji Ito inspired. Destinations are static images with a bit of animation from characters. Gameplay looks to be like a VGA DOS title (Mindscape’s Deja Vu comes to mind) with a few visual modernizations and combat mechanics

Honestly…the trailer may go a bit too hard for the gameplay that this is. As an outsider, I thought this was going to be 3rd person like Alone in the Dark or Another World but with Japanese Junji Ito themes.

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude I played this game years ago, so I'm glad to see they're still at work! Super unique title, we need more of this.
You and me both...I thought they were going to go the way of the dodo and not finish the EA it took so dang long! 🥱😯🤗
I played it more than 3 years ago so now i can try it again to see :)

Reactions: Phearoz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...